Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mail order skis (with integrated bindings) - what set up required?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking specifically about the K2/Marker and Salomon rail systems...
If I buy some skis on the 'net, what do I need to do to set them up?

I take it there's no drilling involved any more. Is it just a case of setting them for boot length and DIN? I know I won't be able to do a release test but I'm prepared to assume that brand new kit will work as intended.

Also how about the edge and wax?

p.s. I have had a quick search for info on this as I thought it might be a common question. I didn't find anything but am very happy to be pointed at an existing thread if it's already been covered in depth.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Higs, You usually have to provide them with boot size, so they can fit \ centre the bindings. Binding release settings may not be part of the set up though.

The edges will have been factory set but that doesnt mean its very precise, nor does it mean they have been adequately waxed. You may want to consider having them prep'd by spyderjon, he's based near Nottingham. I think he can also do release tests as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier, not necessarily with rail bindings, the heel-toe distance is usually adjustable pretty easily - which is the whole point. On some systems you can also adjust your centre point.

Higs, you will also probably have to adjust the toe-piece height.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Higs, What stoatsbrother, said, but once adjusted you need to ensure that the forward release pressure is set correctly. It's usually quite easy to check, but if you are unsure it's better to get a ski technician to check it for you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very easy to mount, takes about 30 seconds to mount front and back bindings on to the rail. But they do need to be centered and DIN set, and release test as mentioned.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy