Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North Face Nuptse Fur 11 Boot

Poster: A snowHead
I didn't like the Sorel. The quest continues, anyone got these...they look really nice in the pic but so did the Sorels. Dont want them too bulky (the size 6 sorel looked like a size 10!).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002T47J8Q?ie=UTF8&tag=amz07b-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, I had you down for killer-heels kind of girl, rather than strapping a bunny rabbit to each foot.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar, Ah, there are many sides to me, I just tend to show the Shimmy ones on here Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of my illusions being shattered...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
rob@rar, Ah, there are many sides to me, I just tend to show the Shimmy ones on here Toofy Grin

And on your Facebook photo page.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok, ok, I guess I am just a one sided heel wearing/tequila drinking/thread wrecking floozy Laughing I dont even ski TBH
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Get yourself to some real shops and try some pairs on!

Tog 24 outlet at Cheshire Oaks had some decent boots (got a pair this time last year for my wife) & I think the NF Outlet had something similiar to those pictured...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, no time for a day off shopping! Currently wrapping 3000 prezzies as we speak. Not even written Christmas Cards yet and I go on hol at about 3am Boxing day.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Ok, ok, I guess I am just a one sided heel wearing/tequila drinking/thread wrecking floozy Laughing I dont even ski TBH

There, that's better Wink

Just what are the photos that I'm missing out on?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

the ones where she's wearing only fur boots?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott, honestly I would not buy boots without trying them on, but.....

my wife has a pair similiar to these she likes...she has them in brown

http://www.estore.tog24.com/Womens_Footwear_Boots/HT%20ST%20MORITZ%20LADIES.html
or
http://www.estore.tog24.com/Womens_Footwear_Boots/HT%20EIGER.html
or
some caterpillars here
http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductList.asp?SearchString=&Filter=3|Outdoor and Ski|1|Womens|5|Boots&AS=true&ProdPerPage=
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yoda wrote:
Quote:

the ones where she's wearing only fur boots?

Oh, those photos! I thought we were talking about something quite saucy.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar wrote:
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

There, that's better Wink

Honestly, they really were nothing. Just all the pics from works night out that someone put up on facebook, needless to say I had a wild drunken time. However, there might have been a bit too much cleavage showing in one...that's all Shocked Nothing that Ordhan's missus couldn't beat Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, you have got me thinking, I might pop over to Cheshire Oaks in the morning. If I set off at 8 I will hopefully beat the christmas shopper rush. Also I did need to secretly drop off all the kids prezzies at my sisters (she's half way there - we're spending Christmas at hers) so really it wont eat much more into my day. So good thinking, thanks.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott, sad you didn't like the Sorels...

well you can take the girl out of Cheshire... wink
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Honestly, they really were nothing.

I think we should be allowed to make up our own mind. Photos of drunken nights out are great fun (apparently, I've never had any of myself, of course).
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
kitenski, you have got me thinking, I might pop over to Cheshire Oaks in the morning. If I set off at 8 I will hopefully beat the christmas shopper rush. Also I did need to secretly drop off all the kids prezzies at my sisters (she's half way there - we're spending Christmas at hers) so really it wont eat much more into my day. So good thinking, thanks.

That's a good plan, I was there last week and they have loads of decent boots in TNF shop and Columbia shop, happy shopping Very Happy
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, as long as you park, hit the shops that have boots and don't browse other shops you'll be in and out within the hour I'd say!

Try TNF, Columbia, and Tog 24 shops....
snow conditions
the north face ones look lovely!
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, they are lovely.
latest report
Snoozie, I thought the Sorel ones did till I had them in my hands Laughing
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, I'd goto the Tog24 store first tomorrow, I think the hi-tech ones like my wifes were under £30 and don't look too bulky IMHO
latest report
kitenski wrote:
you'll be in and out within the hour I'd say!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Plan to leave at eight - so i dont have to fight with the traffic. Have nine bin bags full of stuff to get in (prezzies) for my sisters! Shocked
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, 9 bin bags for 2 kids Shocked My god woman what have you been buying! ph has my sympathy
snow report
sarah, ok, they do have a lot, but 2 bags are gifts for my relatives (got rid of Phils half but mine are still about 20) another bag is gifts we need to distribute to other people and ourselves on behalf of one of my sisters; the other 6 bags do belong to my 2 kids Shocked really, it is mostly about packaging. Honest. One thing is a guitar so that will take up one bag. The other is a cheapy plastic easel f0r my youngest...am I forgiven?
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, yeh forgiven Laughing

I will be very very interested to hear tomorrow that you have been in and out of Cheshire Oaks within an hour though, if I nip there I am late back for school pick up Laughing
ski holidays
If I took a friend I would be there all day - I will try to remain focused. However, kids at home with Dad, Mum carefree....maybe it will be so chaotic I am held up there all day trying to complete my simple task Laughing Lunch at Pizza Express sounds good...if anyone is passing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott, now there's a thought a Snowheads meet at cheshire oaks Very Happy I would normally be there like a shot but we are in the big smoke this weekend doing Christmassy stuff snowHead
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Focus, focus, focus Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Yeah yeah.. I try that line too Laughing
latest report
sarah, I only live 12 - 15 miles away... shame I'm busy painting around the new fireplace Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Scarpa, Scarpa, you stood me up to paint a fireplace Shocked

Found some beautiful boots - didnt have my size Sad
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Bah! Which ones did you like??
snow report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

So how long were you there?
ski holidays
kitenski, they were Columbia, something with an "e" or an "I", not this seasons stock as I've searched the website. I liked the hi-Tec ones too but the six rubbed my heel a bit while the seven was too big. I already have some columbia ones so I think I will treat myself in resort instead (ph is probably glad we're going to La Plagne this year rather than Courch Laughing )

sarah, Arrived at 9 (I checked the website last night and it said it opened at 9) but actually the shops only opened at ten. It was -6 so I went to Mc Donalds and had a breakfast muffin Very Happy I was actually finished by 11.30am (two bags of Molton Brown for friends Crimbo prezzies and Lindt Chocolates to go with the Champagen for some colleagues). I resisted going in any clothes shops for me Little Angel Went over to sis' house for a couple of hours. They moved in earlier this year and have had an extension, new kitchen and new conservatory so they were busy trying to get organised (there will be 20 of us staying there over Christmas). Shocked So I put the Christmas tree up with their son who was at a loose end and it started snowing snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy