Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI GLENCOE by Sleeper...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Something that might interest snowheads further south who want to catch a last minute bit of sliding and take in a little bit of the wilder side of lift served snow riding. (You can also do this from Glasgow and Edinburgh).

The Crianlarich Hotel is offering a special snowsports offer from when Glencoe opens till end of March, that includes a free transfer from the Hotel to Glencoe Mountain Resort and back at the end of the day, plus pick up from the Railway Station (200m or so from the Hotel). The transfer from the hotel to the Ski Area should normally take just under 30minutes.

Glencoe Skiers' Special
Available from December 2009 until March 2010
Double Room only £40 Bed & Breakfast
Single Room only £25 Bed & Breakfast
Ski tickets and passes available from the hotel and a free shuttle to and from the ski area.
Stay 4 nights for the price of 3

The ScotRail Caledonian Sleeper operates 6 nights a week (Exc Sat Night), departing London Euston at 21.15hrs Mon-Fri and 20.55hrs Sunday, with pick ups at Watford, Crewe and Preston. A connection operates from Glasgow Queen Street (5.30am) to meet the Sleeper at Westerton for local seated passengers travelling North from Glasgow, seated passengers may join at Edinburgh Waverley for a 4.50am departure.

Northbound Sleepers arrive at Crianlarich at 7.43am. The Southbound Sleeper departs Crianlarich at 22.05hrs Mon to Fri and 21.19hrs Sun, so time to have a meal and some Apres Ski in the hotel, can continue on the Sleeper's Lounge Bar, but maybe not to late if working Monday morning!.

The Southbound sleeper is due to arrive in London Euston at 7.47, but frequently arrives earlier. It's possible to arrive earlier at 6.40am in London, by catching an earlier local ScotRail service from Crianlarich at 7.30pm to Glasgow, then the ScotRail Lowland sleeper from Glasgow to London.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glencoe is an absolutely awesome place to ski if you like the wilder side of skiing, with 'pistes' that are often more like itineries, and you aren't wedded to Euro motorway blues - totally brilliant with an atmosphere all of it's own!

Good offer IMHO too snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
And Crianlarich is a lovely wee village. Just up the road from my home town. A few frienly wee local bars which i'm sure would welcome a weary snowhead after a long day on the piste.
If i was still living in london i'd be sorely tempted by this but it's a hell of a transfer from Saas Fee Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for posting that and it sounds like fun and I think I will give that serious consideration, btw, I hope this does not get deleted by the 'anti advertising fairies'
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, The sleeper do what they call "Bargain Berths" as well. The website isn't the easiest to negotiate from what i remember but if you're booking up in advance they're worth looking out for.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
That looks very interesting indeed Madeye-Smiley . The bargain berth thing does not appear to be available for Friday to Sunday trips though Confused ... The question though in terms of snow how much in advance is it "safe" to book this (as prices obviously go up the closer the travel date gets)?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rayscoops, schneeflocke, I could be up for a tripette if it's reasonable at a weekend
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, holidayloverxx, Absolutely! (Looks like the cheapest advance (non-bargain berth ticket) is 169.)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
schneeflocke wrote:
rayscoops, holidayloverxx, Absolutely! (Looks like the cheapest advance (non-bargain berth ticket) is 169.)

advance single is £60 sharing a 2 berth cabin fort william to london. bargin berths are from £19 but there are only 4 per train I think....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy