Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smelly gloves?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't really suffer from cold hands (probably due to working in the cold with cold tools) and managed with a pair of thinish gloves which were just about warm enough. Last year I bought a new pair of gloves which are great and my hands are now toasty as opposed to comfortable. The trouble is that by day 4 they are starting to wiff. By day 6 if I take one of in a cable car, people open the windows!

They're breathable, have vents on the back that I keep unzipped and I dry them out every night.

Suggestions?

adrian

PS. If I take them off in a lift que than I get a cabin to myself.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

PS. If I take them off in a lift que than I get a cabin to myself.

Keep them, do the zips up and dont dry them out
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agt, I haven't had a problem in the past but last year my son bought me a new pair of gloves and they do indeed cause the same problem you've got although I don't think they're bad enough to get a cabin to myself. Shocked Others may disagree. Toofy Grin

I quite often take more than one pair, so that I can give one pair a quick wash during the week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think it is just part of the Ski smell that most skiers/boarders have in the Apres Bars, as far as i'm aware people just accept it!
Although my other half strongly disagrees with this opinion!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go see a doc.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Keep your boots on in public too Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I feel your pain, I had a pair that could clear a chalet, infact was told to leave them in the garage. I ended up throwing them out in the end. It was only after throwing out a perfectly good pair of £100 gloves that I got all the following advice. Evil or Very Mad

Suppossedly common problem caused by bacteria or something growing inside the glove, excellent breeding ground due to toasty warm moist hands. Then probably helped out by you putting them on radiator to dry out. Try a strong wash or some anti bacterial stuff, I was suggested using the stuff you spray in shoes to stop them smelling. Worth a try, wouldn't like someone else to waste a set of gloves. I'm sure someone else will know better but thats my pennys worth:~/

Although an empty lift sounds appealing Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a similar problem, but my hands stay warm enough that I can wear very thin gloves. I have Black Diamond Pilot gloves for most of the time, but then I just put up with smelly gloves on the days when it gets really chilly or I'm falling in the powder a lot.

http://www.snowandrock.com/black-diamond-pilot-glove/gloves/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/649

They're very good, but only if you have good circulation!

Steve
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
atheletes foot cream...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have had similar problems especially with one pair in particular. After 3 or 4 days continual use they start to whiff a bit (but not to the extent of people avoiding the same cable car). I now use gloves with an inner liner which helps (and can be removed and washed/dried easier than a normal glove) and wear them on alternate days.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wear the right hand on one day then the left on the next day to give each glove some time off
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy