Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flyglobespan goes into Administration

Poster: A snowHead
Globespan down the pan
Another airline goes down with Scottish company Flyglobespan entering administration today. The Edinburgh-based airline whose key snowHeads-friendly route was between Edinburgh to Geneva, had denied they were at risk of financial collapse as recently as Monday but were yesterday given 48hrs by the CAA to come up with an investment solution to stabilise themselves. However staff were informed this afternoon of their failure. ...
The company employed 600 staff.
Around 27000 package holiday bookings and 90,000 booked flights are affected.

The Civil Aviation Authority believes there to be around 4500 Flyglobespan customers abroad at the moment.

More:
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2009/12/16/32620/flyglobespan-enters-administration.html
http://business.scotsman.com/business/Globespan-rejects-talk-of-collapse.5907893.jp

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 17-12-09 12:09; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
how terribly sad. We had th emisfortune to fly with them Liverpool to New York a couple of years ago....hell.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a sad news for staff and passengers who have bookings. Quite comprehensive news and advise on
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8417183.stm
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BA staff take note?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry to see them go, we have flown their Edinbugh to Geneva route several times over the last few years , as well as summer holiday flights to Spain. Yes I know they were far from perfect but which airline is?? Sad news for their staff of course who I have always found pleasant.

With the major TO's reducing their flights and increasing their prices from Scotland, Globespan opened up France/Switzerland/Italy directly at a reasonable cost.

Looks like I'll have to rely on SleazyJet as they have the only direct flight (who are no doubt already increasing their prices) or travelling via Amsterdam/Frankfurt adding another 3-4 hours onto my travel time to the Alps Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
love that picture - admin you are a twisted mutha
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If "500 current bookings" is true, no wonder they've gone under.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman wrote:
If "500 current bookings" is true, no wonder they've gone under.

BBC said 5000
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
they were pants, twice i had bookings cancelled late in the day. hate to see anyone loose jobs in these times but if a company isnt up to the challenge toough luck
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flew with them once long haul and they weren't the best Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
meanwhile Mikey is in negotiations to buy 200 more planes. Top man, great company, get it up ye's Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Mikey is in negotiations to buy 200 more planes.

yes, people moan, but his business plan seems to work!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Mikey is in negotiations to buy 200 more planes.

yes, people moan, but his business plan seems to work!

All airlines will be like Ryanair in the future.

Its ultra-low-cost, monetize-everything business-model will be the only way for private airlines to survive in a world of surging oil costs and industry oversupply.

He is a horrible little man, but he is certainly years ahead of his time (albeit copied from the American low-cost carriers).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

bloomin' hope not... maybe for recreational travel, but definitely not business travel. An airline that only flies to random places often somewhat distant from major business centres with only one flight per day each way and with 0 flexibility. Some of us don't even know where we are going next week, let alone booking a meeting in 5months and 30day's time, and even during that meeting will often need to change the return flight.

He may bleat on about using 30% less fuel but it's a finite resource. His model may work for the next 10 years or so, but there will be the point where only the rich will be able to afford to travel, and those whose travel will be paid for.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Flyglobespan goes into Administration

admin, are you ok?, did it hurt? did Flyglobespan take proper precautions? have Flyglobespan been banned, (though I don't recall them posting) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
i just feel sorry for all the staff
snow report
Quote:

The way things are going it will be the only airline in the future!
ski holidays
Did 20+ plus flights with them over the years and only one was late in arrival, by about a half hour or so. Most flights tended to arrive early. I found the service great and the staff really pleasant. I'm very sad to see them go and really feel for the staff.
latest report
Quote:

.. he is certainly years ahead of his time (albeit copied from the American low-cost carriers).

copy Southwest Airlines decades old business model verbatim and you too can become a European business visionary years ahead of everyone else. rolling eyes

One little thing Southwest used to do which was really cool was they eliminated paper boarding passes in a drive to cut costs. They had a board behind the departure desk with key hooks that held plastic tags with each seat number for the plane you were going on. you could only pick your seat on a first come first served basis and as you enterered the plane they took the seat tag back from you and before shutting the door handed them all back to ground crew. Worked really well, seats were assigned, no scrum to board and it was fair in that the early birds got the best seats. Bin Laden put an end to that though....
snow report
admin,

Admin,

Am a bit concerned about your image on this page.
We are travelling to Zermatt on Sunday for our wedding and if Chris, my bride to be sees that picture she'll freak out. as she is absolutely terrified of flying.
Hope you can cahnge it if its not too inconvenient.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy