Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire Winterisation fee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Booked hire car through Holiday Autos, pick up from Swiss side GVA airport. £10 per day winterisation fee required with option to pay locally. Car from National/Alamo, at the airport the fee was CHF46 for 4 days, about £29, so more than 25% less. Are all extras cheaper if you buy them locally - extra drivers, excess waiver, child seats etc?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Extra drivers are free with some providers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In another thread I posted:
midgetbiker wrote:
National/Alamo say 9chf (plus VAT @ 7.6%) for winter tyres and chains - this compares to tyres and chains being included with Alamo last year - but is less than HA are charging.

and:
midgetbiker wrote:
Budget say 10chf (plus VAT @ 7.6%) for winter tyres and chains - this compares to tyres being included with budget last year but a charge being made for chains (about 10chf I think it was - probably the same charge) - again this is less than HA are charging.

so winterisation is cheaper at the airport, on top of which I think if you turned up and your booking was with Budget you probably wouldn't pay for tyres at all (though Budget have always charged for chains).
Generally excess waiver is dearer at the desk, HA's price isn't bad, and cheapest of all is using a third party provider (via Quidco to maximise 'cheapestness'). Don't know on other extras, never bothered.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy