Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginners skiing near Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm off to Innsbruck 12th Jan for 2 nights, and just wondered which resort would be best for beginners? At the moment I'm looking at Seefeld and Mutters - but edging towards Mutters because transfers are much more frequent on the day I arrive. As I'm also off skiing in Norway in a couple of weeks, I'm looking for something credit crunch friendly! Do either of those resorts have areas for beginners where you don't need a ski pass at first? (My friend is a complete beginner, and I'm not much better!) We don't need many runs to keep us happy, as I'm sure we'll spend most of our time falling over! Embarassed

Thanks for your help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try getting in touch with http://www.skiingaustria.co.uk/ Owner is based in Innsbruck
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

I juts know about and do recommend Stubai Valley. Where you'll find Schillik2000 and Stubai itself. Schillik200, is closer to Innsbruck(about 20min, skibus) and I think more ease runs. In the same way , a little bit far Stubai have all kind of pistes for all kind level. About 40min from Inns.

Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
munchimo, The Zillertal resorts are very easy to get to from Innsbruck - just take the main line train from Innsbruck to Jenbach and change platforms there onto the Zillertal narrow gauge railway which runs up the valley to Mayrhofen. Kaltenbach (linked with Hochfugen), Zell am Ziller and Mayrhofen all have plenty of blue runs.

Alternatively if you stay on the mainline till the next stop at Brixlegg, you can then road transport to Alpbach, which is an ideal beginner's resort - the nursery slopes are right in the centre of the village,and from memory rather than buy a full lift pass you can buy a points card to be used on the nursery slope drag lifts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Munchimo, the Ziller valley is the greatest valley in the Tirol - but I wouldn't go there if you're around for 2 nights only.

There are 2 resorts that overlook Innsbruck city and take about 20 mins to get to.
Axamer lizum:
http://www.axamer-lizum.at/winter/index.htm

and Nordpark:
http://www.skiingaustria.co.uk/innsbruck-nordpark.html

Both are only really known to locals - I didn't hear a single foreign accent while i was there, are quite small but really enjoyable.
The local teens are depressingly cool, but friendly nonetheless. I'd prefer Axamer if you only do 1 day here, especially for the mental
Furnicular railway and the bit of Grand Designs at the summit.

Innsbruck itself is great, and not too bad on the wallet compared to the resorts themselves.
Find the Medieval pedestrian centre, superb bars all over the place.
Enjoy!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy