Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding mount issue...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
..Say you buy some skis on-line and because your too busy to mount them yourself you take them to a shop. Then when you take the bindings off for whatever reason you find out they are not mounted straight.

What do you do and where do you stand with the shop? What do the shop have to do to make it right. This is not hypothetical and any advice on how to approach this is appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a shop cause a slight delamination once when they mounted bindings on a ski I'd bought in their summer sale - they gave me the next seasons ski as a replacemnt.

I guess it may depend somewhat on how long ago they mounted them, and if you have proof (ie reciept?) that they did it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mounted about 2 months ago. I dont have proof but i have known the owner for about 8 years and he has admitted the problem. Cant replace as they are limited edition.. Messed up situation. Going back for warranty so not sure how to proceed to get the best outcome.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how far off we talking?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You guys saw my post about my Line's. It's the same ski. 3-4mm? See where holes were started too?

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ahh thats a fair bit! must be rather wide ski and sounds like the foot of the jig may of slipped. there is nothing warranty about a ski being mounted incorrectly if you want to keep the ski plug it move the binding forward for the re-drill and happy skiing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ahhh!! i see! errrrrrmmm you gotta hope line are being kind!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ohh hang on your skis snapped just behind the binding right? HUMMM you could have an interesting time there!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If your (mate?) the owner has admitted the problem, I would just take the replacement - yeah it may be different graphics, but that doesn't matter so much, and it seems like it would probably be the best solution you're gonna get for your troubles. Good luck though!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The slightly off mount has no effect on the strength of the ski so should not be a factor in whether Line warrant them - for which I think you'll be very lucky to get a warranty replacement on a jibbing ski that's been jibbed!

What are you wanting to claim from the shop as it doesn't matter now if the binding is off as the ski's fooked anyway? Just means that the shop has had a lucky escape!

If Line won't warrant the ski you'd have no claim on the shop as the off mount would not have caused the damage to the ski.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK the fact that i am going to warranty the ski should have no bearing on the dodgy mount. So lets for arguments sake say the ski is not broken and going for warranty. Where do i stand with the shop that has not provided the service i paid for and also ruined the skis. Also i am not claiming the mount broke the ski. I'm just claiming the mount is dodgy!

spyderjon, there is no guarantee that Line will warranty the ski. Should i push the shop that messed the mount up for a suitable replacement? Plugging and remounting would not be cool. This is a centre mounted symmetrical park ski.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
so you skied the skis without noticing the mismount. then you broke a ski in a situation where it may not be covered by the warranty and only at this point notice the mismount and are hoping that this might give you an argument that the shop should give you new skis if the warranty doesn't come through?

you could ask for that but it would be taking the p155 IMO - best you can hope for is money back for the mount or a free mount for the next pair of skis you get
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
IMV make sure you give the shop hell over the mount but realistically don't see how they can remedy it if the skis knacked anyway. On the ski I'm still confused how the damage happened - a "just skiing along" incident?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Arno, I only noticed when i took the bindings off to send them for warranty, admittedly its only a few mm out, but still. Only had them less than 2 months and only skied them less than 6 hours inside so didn't notice a different ride due to the mount. I dont know what to expect from the shop, hence my asking opinions. As for asking for another mount free of charge. err. well. lets just say i wont be going back there.

fatbob, It's weird as i wasn't abusing them as they were new and they didn't take any impacts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy