Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer wax scrape??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My ski's have a thick wax layer applied in Val D'Isere last winter ready for the summer. Can i just scrape the excess off cold with a scraper (plastic) or do i need to heat the wax and remove the excess or is it a complete new wax?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chect2000, if the bases were hot scrape cleaned prior to the storage wax being applied then you can just scrape/brush. Then wax to ski, the more applications the better.

If the base weren't cleaned then re-iron until the ski's warmed & then scrape whilst still hot to clean the bases. Then wax to ski, the more applications the better.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Spyderjon
I don't know what application it was. I asked for a storage wax to be applied and that's what i got. Would you suggest a clean off and new wax applied?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My suggestion is opposite... at least in some part of it. Whatever you/they did with skis few months ago, just scrap wax off, and then wax with proper wax. During these months there was at least some dirt which went "inside" of excess wax. When you are ironing this wax, you move at least part of this dirt inside of pores on ptex, and that's last thing you want to do. So scrap this wax (and dirt with it) off, and you have good preserved ski to start with in new season, so waxing with proper wax for current conditions will be easy one after this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just use normal wax as storage wax... makes that first trip easier to prepare for Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarpa, damn straight.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy