Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Folklore predictions for the snow: Whats yours?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Popular folklore maintains that a heavy crop of Rowan berries means a hard or difficult winter.

Well, as this tree is in my garden, that lore sure is popular with me Smile.

How do you get to be a loremaker anyhow?

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
here's mine.
If I'm in work or fcking injured it will snow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonny luv plums, Laughing We have a similar thing here with the Buchbaum, I think thats the box tree(small black berries) and this year mine has gone ballistic, there are berries all over the place, so bring on the snow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My mate Tom always gets snow when he goes skiing... maybe people could all simply go with him?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thing is with plants though is that they tend to try and reproduce when they get stressed - say by a bad winter a previous year ("quick lets go for it - could be the last chance", apparently the same thing can happen to people in life threatening situations. Infact I think this is Scarpa's pulling technique). So as it was a hard winter last year, they will be making lots of seeds this year... I suppose seasons often follow a gerneral trend ovre a few years though so its not a bad prediction method if you can't remember what last year was like yourself (quite handy then as I had far too much mulled wine last year for me to remember).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski-finder, my mate Mark is exactly the same. He doesn't know what bad conditions are! Git Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm with Jonny luv plums, I am injured and out for the season therefore it will be one of the greatest seasons ever particularly in Japan where my mates are going B***ards.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
in garbure we trust wrote:
Thing is with plants though is that they tend to try and reproduce when they get stressed.

Unfortuneatly the same doesnt apply to humans.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is a lot of talk about California being the top place for snow this year, as El Nino will be in full swing.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
in garbure we trust, Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll have to try that... being constantly smutty obviously isn't working Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Here's another local prediction from La Grave via the Hotel Edelweiss newsletter: "The older locals in the village are all convinced it is going to be a good winter with a lot of snow: this summer the gentiane plant was extremely high - old customs say this is an indicator of the snow depth!" Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe by a difficult and hard winter they just mean very cold. Its supposed to be 15 - 20 below for the whole of christmas week NO SNOW FORECAST.
Well the piste will certainly be HARD, and more likely difficult. Guess the old mountain geezers might be right after all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy