Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

upkeep of skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I pick up my first pair of skis on sunday.
A pair of Movement Jams that i tested at Tamworth.
What is the deal with upkeep?
Is it once a year servicing?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-12-09 23:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wax and edge when they get sticky or blunt or every week of skiing, whichever comes first, repair dings once a year. I'm too crap to be too fussy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cunners, It is f@cking great to talk about skiing.
I cannot wait until la Plagne in 2 weeks. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ph,
Depends how much you ski, and on what type of snow!

I generally hot wax on a weekly basis, but run a diamond file down the edges every day. Conversely #1son insists on a hotwax and full sharpen (file, diamond, ceramic) every run when he's racing.

If it's your first pair of skis, then just do the waxing once a week - but learn how to do it yourself, far more therapeutic than a shop! and you'll learn so much more.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RobW,
Quote:

If it's your first pair of skis, then just do the waxing once a week - but learn how to do it yourself, far more therapeutic than a shop! and you'll learn so much more.

Jesus Christ it sounds like a lot of lovin on these there skiis.
Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If going for a week I wax a couple of days before I go, for more than a week it will probably get done again after I've been out there for a week.
Edges are again done once a week, checking at the end of each day if there are any nicks that need taking out with a diamond file.

When its really icey I tend to sharpen edges every morning (or at least every other day), but not so worried about wax, whereas for doing gates I'd make sure to have done a full wax & sharpen the night before.
On my season out in whistler, with a lot of powder & not a lot of ice I found the edge sharpen could be done a lot less frequently so it was just the wax that was needed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

learn how to do it yourself, far more therapeutic than a shop!

Be careful with the heat setting or you'll de-laminate the base. Crying or Very sad

Been there done that. Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ph, serious answer, I get mine serviced each trip (edges and wax) by a shop.

Less serious answer - throw them away each year and buy a new pair
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy