Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Full Tilt BumbleBee Pro Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I've been looking at the FT Bumblebee pro ski boot. Has anyone got/tried them? I've read that they are essentially a slightly modified boof from the mid 80's. I haven't found many reviews online. All opinions appreciated.

Cheers

Sean
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they're bascially Raichle Flexon comps, some guys bought the original moulds or the patterns at least and started making them again as full tilt.

Big in the 80s freestyle and moguls from what i've read.

the ft site has a full history clicky

not sure they do the bumble bee anymore..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
'Some guys' in this case being a company that K2 owns (might even be a K2 division), so don't assume they are a garage outfit. They are an old design, but they are still making them because lots of people still want them - some would even kill to get them. Plenty of skiers I know were scouring eBay for spare buckles, tongues etc before Full Tillt started producing them.

I love the way Flexons ski, if my feet fitted them I would buy them in a flash. Great even flex, not a battle to get ankle flex, never any shin bang. Way better ski experience than I get with my Salomon overlap boots. Also light weight. Unfortunately they are quite narrow and my forefeet broadened post-adolesence so I no lenger fit them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fat Al, Get the boots stretched, problem solved.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
papasmurf, Big in DH and Slalom too with the stiffer tongues, but a bit earlier.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've got Flexons, and love the bounce/flex you get from them. Only downside are the weird looks from the uninitiated in some French ski hire shops: "What ees thees old boot you have. You are maybe very old also?"
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got Flexons, and love the bounce/flex you get from them. Only downside are the weird looks from the uninitiated in some French ski hire shops: "What ees thees old boot you have. You are maybe very old also?"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are definitely a confirmed Flexon household here with getting on for a dozen pairs kicking about that we've collected over many years.

The Full Tilt page above has a good summary of their history.

Here's a little more info about the original designers:
http://www.comfort-products.com/ski-boots.php
http://er.jsc.nasa.gov/seh/pg84s95.html
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20020078391_2002126573.pdf

In summary:
They are suited to medium to narrow feet.
They have a soft and progressive forward flex.
They are reasonably stiff laterally.
They are quite tall.
They are light weight.
They will probably change the way you ski!

We love 'em.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
altis, 'They are suited to medium to narrow feet',

The boots are meant to be 98mm wide, but where do I measure my foot to see might it fit? I think my foot is wider than this but not sure?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I used to ski in Lange race boots (150 flex) with custom footbeds and felt that they were the best boots I'd skied.

Then I got myself a pair of Full Tilt (the old black and yellow. maybe the bumblee pro. checkered top to the liner) at the end of the season before last.

Walked and skied in them extensively after the lifts stopped running in Niseko.

Skied, bootpacked, walked (to and from the slopes each day. approx 2km r/t) all last season and used them for my forays in the Brecon Beacons this winter.

If you have a narrow foot, then these are for you.

Best boots I've used.

They're snug though. Can't fit my footbed in mine.

Never had a blister or a pressure point. Very comfortable, and if you ski laterally stiff as you want.

If you're a tongue hugger then you might find them soft.

Only downside for me is the liner is super warm. They're soaking come the end of the day.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow, thanks, I have researched them a little and really like their lightness and ease of putting on and taking off, performance seems to be good also, only concern is will they fit my foot.

Also I was watching some youtube vidoes and it said the tongue section is interchangeable for stiffer softer flex, I wonder is this included with the boots and is this on all models?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just measured my foot, seems to be about 108mm wide by 283mm long, not sure is that a medium or wide but don't think it's narrow Crying or Very sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not sure where they measure the width. If you need to know then I suggest you try Mntlion over on TGR.

However, I just measured my size 29 foot. Fully weighted, with no footbed and measuring against a wall, it's about 98mm at the widest point. My heels are considerably narrower.

I think some of the very top end models come with tongues of different flex but you can always buy them from FullTilt:

http://fulltiltboots.com/accessories
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I bought a pair of the old flexon comps in Sydney back in the day. I have average width feet, the flexons were too narrow even with orthotics and work. They went.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
altis, I took advice on measurment from this site http://www.boot.com/bsizcvt.htm
latest report
I doubt you's squeeze comfortably into a Flexon but you might manage in a Dalbello Krypton which is a similar, but more modern, boot.

Some details of the differences here:
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145107
snow conditions
My brother skis in Bumblebee pros and loves them. Everything in them can be changed, if needed, and spares are not hard to come around, he says.
latest report
altis, I really am gone on the lightness of these boots, I hate the weight of my Technicas. I wonder has anyone had a Full Tilt blown out to a wide foot or is it always best to start with something close to a confortable fit? I am thinking of heading across the water next week so might try the FTs on, anyone know who stocks Dalbello in London?
snow report
Guess a few of you might be interested to know that FT are doing a 102 last for next season, pretty sure its similar to the current model but wider? Personally my Morrisons are the best boot I've ever skiied in 9 seasons, all with a little bit of foot love from CEM in Bicester of course!
ski holidays
Last Saturday I travelled out to the wilds of West London to Ski Bartlett to try the Full Tilts. Stock is running low but they got a new despatch from the warehouse recently so there were a few boots in my size. My biggest concern was the width of the boot but surprisingly this wasn't a problem. After trying many different sizes and the boot fitter Alex spending loads of time with me I decided on the Full Tilt High Fives in 29.5 (last year's model). This has a number 6 flex tongue but I can replace it with a stiffer tongue if needed (I'll see how it skis first).

I also tried on a few more traditional boots but was set on the Full Tilts based on all the reviews I have read and in particular their lightness and ease of entry. The guys at Ski Bartlett were very helpful and patient and they even gave me a lift back to the train station. So a good day with a successful result of getting a pair of Full Tilts, I think there's still some snow in the Dublin mountains, maybe I'll get some testing in this weekend!
snow report
Also, I've got the flex tongue 10 from my Morrisons for sale if anyone is interested, prefer the 8 flex myself.
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
altis, I really am gone on the lightness of these boots, I hate the weight of my Technicas.

I'd suggest looking into freerando boots then rather than trying to make something fit your feet that doesn't suit them.
ski holidays
I guess they are yellow and black, but come on FT.................... Bumblebee?!! I'm afraid I can't look at this thread title without chuckling at the notion of a full tilt bumblebee - Bee Movie comes to mind Laughing Laughing
snow report
Best bit of advice I can give is get some zip fits and wack them in! the boot feels 100% better with the zipfit, yep it adds a little bit of weight but hey! I could never get the intuitions to fit well!
snow report
frank4short, no they fit alright, I wonder are touring boots any lighter thefull tilts seem to be just 3.5kg the pair.
ski holidays
dansmith wrote:
Best bit of advice I can give is get some zip fits and wack them in! the boot feels 100% better with the zipfit, yep it adds a little bit of weight but hey! I could never get the intuitions to fit well!

Looks like overkill.

And I'm not sure Mick Davis was skiing in Zipfit's when that photo was taken.

http://www.zipfit.com/
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
frank4short, no they fit alright, I wonder are touring boots any lighter thefull tilts seem to be just 3.5kg the pair.

I used to ski Scarpa Denali's and the orange dynafit compatible ones whose name escapes me and if they are lighter, it's not by much.

If Full Tilt put a Vibram sole on their boots, they'd clean up.
snow report
Mike Pow, Its no way near as harsh as the foamers! i use the gara (the lighter padded and ive never had so much control yet comfort in a ski boot! I believe CEM is also a big fan!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Pow wrote:
Peter Ross wrote:

I used to ski Scarpa Denali's and the orange dynafit compatible ones whose name escapes me and if they are lighter, it's not by much.

Scarpa Matrix

Far more volume in those than the FT.
snow conditions
comprex wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Peter Ross wrote:

Scarpa Matrix

Far more volume in those than the FT.

Before the Matrix.
snow report
dansmith wrote:
Mike Pow, Its no way near as harsh as the foamers! i use the gara (the lighter padded and ive never had so much control yet comfort in a ski boot! I believe CEM is also a big fan!

I love the intuition liner. Only problem, as I mentioned earlier is they're too warm.
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:

Glen plake would never ski anything except a Reichle flexon comp or something that had the same last & flex pattern. He's currently pushing a new Dalbello free rando boot which is essentially based on the flexon comp e.g. the full tilt boot that comes with a vibram sole & a number of other modifications to make it more touring & freeride friendly.
snow conditions
frank4short wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Glen plake would never ski anything except a Reichle flexon comp or something that had the same last & flex pattern. He's currently pushing a new Dalbello free rando boot which is essentially based on the flexon comp e.g. the full tilt boot that comes with a vibram sole & a number of other modifications to make it more touring & freeride friendly.

Hallelujah.

http://www.dalbello.it/virus.aspx

http://freeski.dalbello.it/index_usa.html

Having read this thread though, I think I'll stick to Full Tilt's with cat tracks for walking on concrete

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1498191#1498191
latest report
A few shots of our Vibram-ising Fulltilt.

latest report
snow report
Do they still work with alpine bindings?

If so, can I get them done?

Where?

How much?

How long do they last?

Nice pics Wink
ski holidays
Yes we are able in most cases to have the respect Alpine norm, however we do have a disclaimer to be signed by each client.
We do them here then my buddy puts them on his press for a couple of hours to get a strong bond.
It's 60€.
Dunno about lifespan, we've only been doing it this winter, everybody has been super happy and they seem to be wearing well.
Cheers.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, if you get some lange banshee pro heels and toes and cut the lugs off the bottom of them, they screw straight on like a race lifter Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
CEM, Been there, done that only works on Plug based models, not enough traction and it's 7mm, where are you going to find that on a flexon/FT???? Cool
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, i have some very special glue for things (problems) like that Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy