Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA VAL DISERE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiya all. Off to val disere on saturday and will be staying with ucpa. getting the snow coach there as included in the deal with action outdoors. just wondering if anyone knows where abouts in val disere the ucpa centre is? have been to val disere before but never to ucpa. Just a bit worried about finding the actual place as dont want to be lugging my bags round and round val disere!!!!
Also is anyone else getting the snowcoach to val disre and or staying in ucpa theis week coming?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is about 5 minutes walk up the road from the Morris pub (Le Fornet direction) on the right hand side (or one stop on the Train Rouge from stop opposite the Morris). If you are taking the Snow Express you are likely to be dropped right outside the centre so no need to worry. Have a great time - i'm not sure I'm going to get out to the Val D UCPA centre this year Crying or Very sad - I've been there every year for about the last 6. You're gonna have a great time I'm sure.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
max.makinson, I'm staying there for the first time in March. I know its on the road to Le Fornet and on the bus route mentioned by sarep, but I believe you can easily walk to the village centre and snow front.

Let me know how you got on thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Christopher wrote:
I believe you can easily walk to the village centre and snow front.

You are totally right - very easy access to the side of the nursery slop is about 50m from the Centre, a spar shop a couple of minutes walk up the road (very handy for a bottle of wine to have with your dinner) and all the bars of Val D'Isere within easy *walking / sliding / stumbling distance for your evenings' entertainment - either down the main road or through the old village past the very pretty church. The centre's bar also boasts the cheapest beer prices in resort (happy hours excluded). It really is my favourite UCPA centre, the staff are great and it attracts a cosmopolitan mix of British and Swedish vistors as well as the regular french clients.

Hope you have a fab time. Do add a trip report when you get back and let us know how you got on.

* Delete as apropriate
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sarep, Sounds great thanks. I didn't think you could take booze back to the centre (refering to your bottle of wine).

How much is the beer? and what beer is it?

I've only ever been to Val d'Isere in the summer and it'll be my first time in a UCPA centre.

Cheers for the information
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Christopher, IIRC it is Kronenbourg and don't ask me how much... UCPAs use a ticket system for buying drinks at the bar - I think a small beer is two 'purple tickets' (2 orange tickets = 1 purple ticket). I think it is something to do with their 'sports centre' status that they are not allowed to sell alcohol directly for cash over the bar - although you buy the carnets of vouchers for cash over the bar wink Every time I've tried to work out how much the beer is I've got close enough to realise it is cheaper than non-happy hour in town, given up trying and got back to my beer.

And yes, you are not supposed to take alcohol into the centre but everyone does and as long as you don't take the p**s, e.g. also buy a beer or two in the bar of an evening, they seem to turn a blind eye - but never take any drink from outside into the bar area - they definitely don't like that for obvious reasons.

Just thinking about it makes me want to be there now ..... hey ho, Hemel it is for me this weekend snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very useful thread,
been thinking about heading their for a week at the end of January.

Never realised that you were able to take wine in at dinner, must remember that!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy