Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

free indoor ski-ing from SCGB

Poster: A snowHead
got this trough The Edge newsletter yesterday

www.white-nights.co.uk

registered completely free in january at chill factore,

anyone else going
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
martone, Thanks, just got one of the few remaining Hemel places.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe Tamworth but trying to get it changed to Manchester rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sorry didn't post sooner(dam work)
most tuition seems to have gone but a few free hours ski avaiable
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
martone, Have managed to get a place on the 8 - 9 slot in Hemel on 28 January.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
martone, Cheers, have booked us in for 7-8pm snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
martone, Cheers, just got 2 of the last 3 7-8pm slots!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, say hi Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi. Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great, just got 2 chillfactore places 6-7pm.
I normally only ever go in the morning, so to avoid the queues but hey, if it's free...
Thanks!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just bookded glasgow 8-9
thanks for the heads up!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
wigan, Give me a wave as you leave snowHead snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i'm on the 6-7 slot at chill factore,tuesday Shimmy Alcott, wigan, nbt, or anyother snowHead fancy meeting up in the bar
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be at Hemel doing my bit on the 28th, hopefully not too much indoors, as the car park will be full of Landys to play with. Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chill Factore now all taken Crying or Very sad
snow report
yea not sure how thats going to work,but sounds ike a fun night
snow conditions
halfhand, sorry mate i was just refreshing an old post,it all got booked up pretty sharpish in december
ski holidays
Story of my life Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
martone, we're on 7-8, had a phone call today from a nice chap in London to confirm I was still planning to attend. might go straight from work and grab a bite to eat and a pint first, then it's like a realy ski holiday - overpriced beer and expensive lukewam food Laughing NehNeh Twisted Evil
snow conditions
oh no one phoned me Puzzled theres actualy food laid on,i'm hoping to be there about 5ish work permitting,then in the bar later
snow report
martone, thanks for pointing that out, I'd totally missed it! Yes, will go straight from work and have a snack then maybe try the ice driving. I've never driven a landy before...
snow conditions
nbt, come and say hi,i'll have my snowHead T shirt on in the bar
ski holidays
Brill, just grabbed the second to last slot available at the Tamworth fridge for a free hours skiing.
snow report
Got one of the last few for Hemel 6-7 Toofy Grin
latest report
Nice one, Just booked on for Hemel 8 till 9. Got myself an hours freeski and booked my girlfriend her 1st ever ski lesson!!! do you reckon that beginners means total beginners? as in never even put on boots before, surely it will take 40 mins to get them out on the snow?? still wont complain though when its for free & even if it just gives her a taster of what to expect, whilst i get to play on the snow it should be a good night!
ski holidays
Any other snowHead in the 6 - 7 slot at Tamworth?
ski holidays
Booked at Tamworth, but can't remember which slot - maybe 7
ski holidays
Only just got chance to reply to this, we had a cracking night. I wasn't really sure what time everything kicked off or what the traffic would be like, so we went directly from work and arrived at about 5pm, maybe slightly before, and the team were just setting up. We had a browse round the shops while they sorted themselves out, then got ourselves registered for the evening. First port of call was the land rover driving experience, out in the car park. they had four new land rovers of differing models, and I got to drive the new discovery 4 - very nice car indeed. they had a few obstacles for you to attempt like a big ramp over a caravan-sized trailer, and offset ramp and a ramp for just one side of the car. Interesting and enjoyable, hasn't persuaded me to buy one though Smile

There was also food laid on, due to be served at 6pm. As we were peckish, we wandered straight up there after the driving, got there about 5.45 and the nice people saw us looking enviously at the food and opened early. There was a choice of 3 mains (Beef goulash, Sausage and bean casserole and veggie goulash), and veggies on the side. Yum. There was one other early diner whose name I didn't catch, but who does know a very nice chap called Jon who runs a ski tuning company....

After the meal I warmed up for skiing by having a go on a skiiers edge machine - an interesting experience, if I had loads of money I might get one but at £1000 a time I can't see me getting one for home use any time soon Sad

the skiing was not bad, as the whole slope had been clock booked from 6 till 9pm the numbers were just right and we didn't have to wait for the lift at all. Snow and rock were there will a big rack of demo skis: Mrs NBT couldn't stand the K2 burning luvs she was initially give, but love the Dynastar Exclusiv so much she wouldn;t give them back until we left the slope! I spent the first half of the evening on 160cm Kastle 78's and they were fab! I then swapped for some Salomon Aeromax 8's which were nice, but not as nice as the Kastles

After that it was up to the bar for free drinks! Sadly they ran out of hot chocolate just as we arrived so Mrs NBT was a tad disappointed, and I was forced to drink lager as Fosters was the only beer available on the free bar - still, you don;t get much bitter in ski resorts so it's like a mini holiday in that respect. I did look around the bar but didn't see any snowheads t-shirts or anything, sorry if you were in there and feel we blanked you

It must have cost a fortune to run the event, especially given the massive number of people involved, but they were all friendly and while informative were not overly pushy in "selling" whatever they'd come to show - be it cars, machines or memberships. Thanks for sharing the invite, Martone, and I hope everyone else enjoys (enjoyed) their night Wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking forward to Tamworth next Tuesday all the more thanks to that post nbt, must remember not to over do it at lunch time like I did today though!
latest report
I'm at the Tamworth one on Tuesday too. Very Happy
ski holidays
queen bodecia, which time slot? I'm in the 6-7 slot would be good to say hi to another snowHead if we are there at the same time!
ski holidays
queen bodecia, which time slot? I'm in the 6-7 slot would be good to say hi to another snowHead if we are there at the same time!
latest report
Just got back from the Hemel event.

Well sorted, arrived at 8pm for the last ski session, just a free ski for us and had a fun time playing on some boats. Well, biiiiig wide powder skis, they felt like boats. Very good for the chopped wet snow at Hemel, nice to try something different underfoot!

Anyway, no Land Rovers for us, we didn't arrive early enough with driving the length of the country today, but looked like good fun while we unloaded the car - big ramps and obstacles for people to play on.

Dinner was surprisingly acceptable for a buffet arrangement, and even though we were late through at 9:30 managed to get a bite to eat.

All in all a good event, nobody tried to sell us anything, seemed to be all about brand awareness and frankly I came away with a good impression of both Land Rover, Snow & Rock and SCGB.

The evening would have cost us about £30 each, instead we got to do our fairly regular session at Hemel for free. Ideal really.

Definitely recommend these to anybody who's either a regular at their local fridge or who hasn't been to any of the places on the list before. If it helps we found a few spaces were opened up last minute (probably due to dropouts or something) and I was able to book the late slot at 7pm before leaving tonight. So all is not lost if your local place is fully booked, keep an eye out the day before and during the day of the event and you might get lucky.

Nice work all round really. Best freebie we've had this month so far.
snow report
Oh, and there was two free drinks afterwards in the bar. Which was more than what we'd expected frankly. Pint of Magners for free near the M25? Never seen that before Very Happy
ski holidays
I was there 6 - 7, I agree it was a good event, better than last years which I think Peugeot run. I didn't have time to try the Land Rover Experience but it looked "interesting". One of the ramps was a biggie.
snow report
Just got back from Hemel. Was a great night, got there in time for a quick nose around, free drink and grub at the bar then had a free ski 8-9 , whilst the other half was on the nursery slope in her begginers class of about 6 people (already on about booking the next one!) then back to the bar for more free beer = touch!. Biggest plus of the night was the number of people on the slope not at all oversubscribed and no lift queue's! only complaint was, they could of done with employing some more attractive young ladies to help host the evenings events Laughing wink
snow report
Just got back from Hemel. Playing with Landys, chatting to Graham Bell, did an hours teaching session on the main slope, tried some lacroix skis £2,900 Shocked Shocked They were pretty good I thought to my surprise, 2 portions of Chilli and a beer. Very Happy

Even the Gaylander that was parked at the top of the nursery slope just drove itself out, the BMW X1 didn't manage to do that and needed towing.
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
tried some lacroix skis £2,900

It's always nice to get change from 3 grand when you buy a pair of skis
ski holidays
davkt, I'm booked in 8-9pm but will go straight from work so should get there a bit before that.
ski holidays
anyone going to Glasgow next thursday? Im booked 8-9, but friends may not now make it due to boring worky things - would be great to meet other snowHead s either way!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy