Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Instructors course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

Looking for a good company in Canada for my son to do a 11 week instructors course,found two,Canadian Rockies Academy and Nonstop ski and snowboard,has anybody got info on any of these two or have any of you done the course with another company.

Cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.natives.co.uk/cgi-bin/job/job.pl?action=search&ed_id=4&jc_id=&r_id=4211&submitButtonName=Find+Courses
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs telford_mike did Nonstopski in Fernie and recommends it very highly. Good value and great tuition. Here she is cat skiing on the course:

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the grafter, does it have to be Canada? Will your son want to work as a ski instructor after completing the course? (yours and his views may differ on that point!). If he will want to use the qualification then he should also consider where he is likely to want to work. If he will want to work in Europe he should consider doing a European qualification such as BASI. Take a look at the website:

http://www.basigap.com/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes he does want to instruct after the course and it was his idea to go to Canada,the reason being that the level 1 & 2 CSIA lets you teach in Canada,New Zealand,Australia,Japan and Europe but not France ware as I think if he took it in Europe he could not teach in the other countries,At the moment he is in Australia doing volentry work so that is why I am trying to orginise it for him under his instructions.
Thanks for your reply.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Australia doesn't have tinterweb as yet? That explains a lot. wink

If he's paying the bills just book any. If you're paying book him on a CSIA Level 1 course direct with CSIA, give him the website for local craigslist or newspaper for accomodation and let him grow up a bit.

Sorry even as a lazy 18 year old I'd have been embarassed by having my parents sort out something like this for me but apologies as he might be out in the bush or something.

Nonstop customers seem to like them.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the grafter,

Quote:

it was his idea to go to Canada,the reason being that the level 1 & 2 CSIA lets you teach in Canada,New Zealand,Australia,Japan and Europe but not France ware as I think if he took it in Europe he could not teach in the other countries,

That's not quite accurate - with BASI L2 you can teach in all the countries you listed working for a ski school (I can think of personal examples in each case), plus if he wanted to make a career out of it he could go on to do L4 ISTD which would enable him to teach in France (or absolutely anywhere in the world, inlcuding starting his own ski school). Even with the CSIA top level he would never be able to teach in France, and many places in Italy, and France is where the best money is to be made.

The only reason I mention this is I have friends who are CSIA 2 but have now decided to switch to BASI as it enables them to progress their career further. It might be worth him doing some more investigations before he commits, there are a lot of threads on Snowheads about it if you do a search.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy