Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I get away with junior slalom skis for masters?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The real question is am I too heavy to get away with junior skis?

I am thinking about starting to do some masters races but am also skint. I could get a pair of junior slalom 155s for way less than an adult pair, but wonder if I am too heavy at 10stone to get away with them. Blush (Such a newbie and already giving away my weight....) I raced when I was a kid, but that is about 30 yrs ago, so am sure I am much less aggressive!

Anyone have a view?

Cheers

Skimax
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kids skis are for kid weight and strength, any kid anywhere near 10 stone will be on adult race skis. If you are on a tight budget keep any eye on ebay or skizog for previous years skis from the big brands: volkl, fischer, atomic
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks narc, that's what I thought would probably be the case but what made me wonder was a table on the rossignol site and it referred to junior racers of up to 150lbs on jr skis. Back to ebay it is then...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was using junior skis (although just training not actually racing), weighing about 55kgs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimax, You can use any skis you want for Masters races but I think you will be faster on adult skis. Maybe still get a pair of 155s though if you are fairly light.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimax, I'm 10st, race on plastic, - you'll need adult skis... Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy