Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere italy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
just raking through old stuff and noticed that i'd been to Claviere as a kid (14).
had a look at their crap website and it doesn't tell much. Anyone been recently and if so how was it.

i remember it being ok
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mugen, Went there with wife and kids 3 years ago, year after Turin Olympics. Would not return but I know a few Very Happy 's who love the place. I was really disappointed in the infrastructure, which improved immensely as soon as you crossed the border into France. Think the fact that the website is crap is a fair indication of the place.

The road was very busy but believe this is now sorted by tunnel. Stayed at the Crytal club hotel - Grand ( Puzzled Shocked ) Hotel Claviere - was probably grand when last done up in 1927 Laughing .

There are much better resorts to go to than Claviere
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You've already been once! Why go again?? I skied it from Sestriere/Mongenevre and remember it for being completely unmemorable. If you are considering that area why not Serre Chevalier? Seriously underated when conditions are right.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wib wrote:
You've already been once! Why go again?? I skied it from Sestriere/Mongenevre and remember it for being completely unmemorable. If you are considering that area why not Serre Chevalier? Seriously underated when conditions are right.

i was there when i was 14 i'm 45 now.. i've been to toronto 8 times among many others. thanks for your half arsed answer
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well why not make it 9 times. I'm sure you're loved there!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mugen, I like Montgenevre and Claviere a lot. But Serre Chevalier down the road is on a different scale on so many levels. I'd say Claviere has some good skiing, but the majority of it is rather average as mentioned. But there are some fantastic pistes and Montgenevre has a good variety and a lot more of them.

They are both charming with some great food in Italy. The skiing is a bit limited for a good intermediate skiier staying that side of the Via Lattea unless you're after off piste. But none the less there is some good skiing and its rarther snowsure at the same time being a suntrap.

Both Montgenevre and Claviere are both very quiet in the evenings, but if a quiet beer in the evening is what you're after then it wouldn't be a problem.

I'd say your choice is:

A week in Serre Chevalier with a day in Claviere and Montgenenvre for nostalgia.

or

A week in Claviere/Montgenevre and a day in Serre Chevalier.

Depends on your priorities. Quantity and quality of skiing or a good old bit of nostalgia and great pasta dishes? Or not have both stay in Serre Chevalier and go to Claviere for the day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy