Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes: Development Clinic and Ultimate Snowsports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody any experience of these two outfits? Just about to book ski lessons but the instructor has to cope with a range of intermediates (3) in terms of skill/fitness levels and age. Can't have separate lessons before you ask. Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tinabf, do you mean The Development Centre in Tignes? If so I've never had lessons with them, but have heard very good things about them.

I don't know Ultimate Snowsports.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tinabf, I stayed with the Ultimate guys a couple of weeks ago and they seem a good bunch. Can't comment about their Instruction but I can't imagine it will be poor. I know one of the TDC guys who's based in Tignes, Ben, and he's pretty good and I'm sure would handle the situation you describe, no probs.

It's worth remembering that the terrain you ski is going to be limited by the weakest group member, but there will be plenty of things to do that everyone will benefit from.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tinabf, I have friends who work for each of them, all are fully qualified instructors, why not pick one of the schools and give them a call.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tinabf, If you mean the Development Centre (TDC), then I would highly recommend them.

I've just got back from Tignes last weekend, where I did one of their early season courses, and they were great. Really can't praise them highly enough.

I had my lessons with James, but both the other guys (Gavin and Ben) looked top-notch too.

Go for it!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a couple of lessons with Gavin from the Development Centre last week. I was very impressed with him. Good fun and a very good teacher.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tinabf, I was on the lessons with Colin B, fully agree that Gavin is an excellent teacher; very patient, lovely attitude and explains things very well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Lovely what ? Oh...attitude... Cool
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jerry, Blue eyes?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
now, now boys wink Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a couple of lessons with James from the Development Centre last season - he was great, really knowledgeable and good at imparting that knowledge...and keeping it fun..

and no I didn't think he was lovely..just a very good instructor.. Laughing

Am keen to do a clinic with them or inside out this season...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OH had a lesson from TDC last year. He thought it was OK, but felt that the instructor aimed the lesson at the top end of the group, and ignored the two less experienced off pisters (out of 4). Part of the problem was probably that the two less experienced off pisters were quite gung ho, and were good enough to flatter themselves on piste, but lacked equivalent off piste experience as they'd not really been skiing with an experienced group before...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy