Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last minute holiday deal to Mayrhofen, too good to be true!? Going 2nd Jan for 7 days. Anyone been here and any adivce on recent snow conditions:~/
Many thanks in advance!
loubelou
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very few lifts open at the moment and not a fantastic amount of snow but that looks set to change for the better ......

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/mayrhofen-zillertal/

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 9-12-09 13:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a great place for intermediates - loads of cruising. Not much expert stuff though.

The big downside is the queue in the morning for the main lift - the Penkenbahn. Definately recommend going as early as possible and definitely NOT just ebfore ski school starts.

If you are staying a bit out of town it is often quicker to catch the bus to the other main lift - the Horbergbahn (especially if you have to catch the bus to the Penkenbahn anyway).

Obviously you'll also want to go to the Hintertux glacier. Some great skiing there too. The run back to the bottom of the main lift is great.

Apres is typical Austrian - straight off the slopes rather than late at night. There are three main apres bars - one at the top of the Penkenbahn, one at the bottom (with a dancing polar bear I seem to remember) and another further into town (the name of which I never knew having been in both of the others before I ever got there!).

Have a great time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Much of the skiing is above 1700m so conditions are generally quite reliable. If it has been very warm or raining lower down, then some of the links to the neighbouring mountains may be a bit slushy but the bulk of the skiing will be great.

There may or may not be snow in town, Mayrhofen is only at 600m so it can quite often all melt down there, but up on the mountain is fine.

Also the Hintertux glacier if you need it, but you won't!

Mayrhofen have opened part of the area now, and with colder weather likely to be on the way, early Jan is looking good.

D
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How much did you pay out of interest?

Go to the sports bar for the live music, simply awesome in teh evenings!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy