Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ebay bargain? Anybody used "Head Carve Light"?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I've been looking for a pair of skis to allow me to go and ski at Raise, Yad Moss etc. (am happy to carry on hiring abroad.) I'm going to wreck them on grass and gravel no doubt so wasn't wanting to spend much.

Have just got a pair of Head Carve Light for £16 locally via ebay. Seem in good nick, Rossignol F 70 bindings. I'm going to take them to Rivington Alpine to get the bindings checked and set for me. They're a wee bit short for me, at 150cm but should be fine.

Anybody seen/used these? Or know how old they might be?

Thanks!

p.s. don't know if this link will work, but picutre at bottom of page here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300372397168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wigan, it's a beginner/intermediate women's ski from 9 years ago (Y2K) , 102/63/88 or thereabouts. 150cm would have been one of the shortest lengths available, for 90-110lb women.

Very primitive by today's standards, and the binding doesn't help at all. That's the old 3-screw toe designed by Geze. Check everything very, very carefully for minute cracks in the plastic.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks comprex,
It all looks sound to my untrained eye but I'll get the looked at properly and if they say they're not safe I'm happy to forget them! Figured they were worth a shot though at that price. (And I've got a bag and some poles out of it anyway...) I'm a light woman, so if they are sound then hopefully they'll be ok for knocking around on locally. Just need some snow...!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wigan, good snow and fun to ya.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy