Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday returns this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Plus Auntie Beeb is showing live World Cup races via BBCi/red button. Check out this schedule:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/winter_sports/8366920.stm

Great news for those of us who don't have access to Eurosport.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i was wondering when it would be back on de de dum de de dum de de da!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Like the fact they are exposing ski cross. Thought that snowboard Cross in Bardoneccia, Turin 2006 Olympics was great entertainment. Prefer two planks to one, so the skiier element of it is even better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know if the World Cup races are/will be available on BBC iPlayer or anything like that?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I supose it will be all that boring downhill stuff with unheard of blokes in lycra, what a shame high altitude is gone.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 8-12-09 22:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great.

How does one get at the red button/online stuff if one doesn't have a red button? i.e. where is it online? And will it be available later, or only at transmission time?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alex_heney, red button services are available via Freeview and with Freeview plus you can record them too.

You should be able to find everything you need to know about watching online here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia wrote:
alex_heney, red button services are available via Freeview and with Freeview plus you can record them too.

I know that. I don't have Freeview, and won't until the changeover round here, which is next March.

Quote:

You should be able to find everything you need to know about watching online here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

Again, I know about iplayer. I use it regularly, particularly to get programmes from BBC3 & BBC4 (which again I can't get until changeover).

But all I see in that is the main channels
BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Three, BBC Four, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC News Channel, BBC Parliament, BBC HD,
BBC ALBA

There is no indication there of how you get at the programmes which are described in the link above as "red button/online". I was hoping somebody would know how I can get at those.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oh no that the tune stuck in my head.....
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does seem a shame they've lost the "Top Gear" element of the program. Would have peferred it to be 1 hour with other snow related fun.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney, if you go to the BBC iPlayer website, then to the sport section, you can access all the sport content they are currently showing. According to the Ski Sunday web page, the World Cup skiing content will be available for 7 days following first transmission.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
m00958, personally, I preferred the racing coverage to the magazine-stuff, but that Ed chap is kinda cute for a snowboarder.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
queen bodecia, excellent, thanks for that Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, Great, thanks for that.

I hadn't thought of looking in the Categories section.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
queen bodecia, that's exactly why I like watching Ski Sunday rolling eyes Toofy Grin Although, some talent for the boys wouldn't go amiss Laughing
ski holidays
alex_heney, why wait for Freeview to come to Merthyr? You could go for Freesat. Or is it too pricey to install?
ski holidays
excellent, thanks for the heads up and the info re iplayer - dont have a telly, so fingers crossed. hmmm, men in lycra - roll on the weekend wink
snow conditions
Sweet! Shame high altitude is not sunning this year. Although they did kind of do every mountain sport possible last year so shot them selves in the foot.haha.
ski holidays
ajl, Although it isn;t particularly expensive, we never felt that the cost of satellite was worthwhile for what we would watch. And we don't particularly want a dish on the outside of the house.

My wife thinks I already watch too much sport, and the things she wants from BBC3/BBC4 I just download with iPlayer.
snow conditions
Freesat From Sky was and may still be free if you sign up and take a free trial of their subscription service which you can then cancel after three months.
snow report
andytb, There have always been free satellite services available.

They have never been worth the cost to us.

Subscription services way more so.
ski holidays
Well I've missed a few, but I discovered today that it was on and thanks to my new hard drive freeview recorder I am going to be able to see it this year - it was always on over goat feeding time rolling eyes but now with the click of couple of buttons I can set it to record the whole series so I don't need to remember its on Very Happy This new box of mine is rapidly reaching the comparable level of a 'high tech toy I'm keen on' as my TomTom Very Happy
ski holidays
Megamum, Freeview plus is ace. Remember you can record the red button coverage too via channels 301 or 302.
snow report
queen bodecia, I didn't know that - I will examine the EPG next time I do something with it and experiment - thanks Very Happy
snow report
Megamum, it works fine on mine, but unfortunately doesn't do a 'series record'. I don't think the red button coverage is classed as a 'series'.
snow report
Hi

It only shows one episode at the moment Sad

http://bbc.co.uk/i/pwvsf/

Dave
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
m00958, personally, I preferred the racing coverage to the magazine-stuff, but that Ed chap is kinda cute for a snowboarder.

Following the avalanche in Les Arcs he's sadly going to have to change his tune on 'no-one's ever died wearing an ABS backpack" he espoused just a couple of episodes ago.
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Ski Sunday returns this weekend

A logical thread title, when you think about it. An alternative would be "Ski Sunday returns this Sunday", but that would repeat the word "Sunday". I quite like "Ski Sunday returns before next Monday", but it's too annoying.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ernst Goldsmith, I chose the word 'weekend' for a good reason. The red button coverage started that Saturday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy