Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buying PdS lift passes in ARDENT (Morzine - PdS)

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, hoping someone can help with some advice!

We're staying in Ardent for Christmas (never been to PdS area before) and I was going to buy our lift passes at the Ardent lift when we get there - I was going to get a family 7 day pass since it is 10% cheaper.

But the company we are staying with say you can't get them in Ardent - they will get them for us to be ready on arrival but this will be without the 10% family discount and have a little premium on top too (they want £716 for our 7-day passes). I don't suppose getting to Morzine will be easy on the first day even though we should arrive in Ardent at lunchtime.

So my main question is, can you buy any lift passes in Ardent, if so can you do the family option there?

Also does anyone know is there a family 7 day PdS pass or just a 6 day one?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simonx, I think they're being cheeky. (I'm being polite.)

There is a big ticket office at Ardent - right underneath the Ardent bubble. I've bought my resident's discount season pass there and I'd be amazed if you couldn't buy a family lift pass there.

The family lift pass is a 6 day one - details here. It explicitly says that the family pass is only available at ticket offices.

Just a bit of a warning. Ardent is one of the main uplifts and is on a bus route from town. So, when a bus arrives, the ticket office queue is manic. Simply go and have a sit down / coffee for 10-15 minutes and it'll be completely empty.

BTW - there are also two ski hire shops at Ardent.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simonx, I'm with fl'in'st'on, Ardent has alift pass office, it can get very busy, can't see reason why you can't buy there, T.O. are potentially (but not necessarily) being sharp, etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks guys, I''ll take my chances in Ardent I think then.
The chalet company are actually really really good (stayed with them last year too) this maybe one of their ways to top up income and maybe the person I spoke to isn't fully aware of what can and can't be done.

PS FS - are the hire shops much of a muchness? I need to book for the kids (adult gear though).
This is a link for one of them I think:
http://morzine.skimium.co.uk/magasin/index/156/lac-et-montagne
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simonx, do you mean the hire shop(s?) at Ardent, or in the general Morzine/Montriond area?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
simonx, i bought a 7 day ski pass there last year with no problem. You can buy passes there so i would just wait if i were you. Sounds like they are pulling a fast one over you if im being honest. the first shop on the right is a good ski shop which was fairly resonable, the only downside was that i ended up skiing for 8 days last year and after 6 i asked if they could rewax my skis and they refused unless i paid extra, the cheeky sods!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've clarified what they are saying is that you can buy individual passes in Ardent but you cannot get the family one - does anyone know to the contrary?

uann: I mean in Ardent, need to book online (discounts) and then fit and collect in Ardent.

Thanks Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
simonx wrote:
I've clarified what they are saying is that you can buy individual passes in Ardent but you cannot get the family one - does anyone know to the contrary?

I must admit that I'd be surprised that you couldn't buy something at a ticket office that you can only buy at a ticket office.

Frankly, if you try to buy it at Ardent then it would be worth the trip into Morzine to buy one there if it's going to save you £100.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
could be - is it easy to get down there do you know?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
there is a shuttle bus
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
from ardent there is a shuttle bus to the centre of morzine, im sure its free with the lift pass but you wont have 1 yet will you!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thanks - any idea how long the journey is Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, never seen anyone asking for any evidence of tickets, been years since I used it tho' recollection is that the Ardent-Morzine shuttle is neither too frequent nor runs too late - mind you there's been a lot of development there since I last checked.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
simonx, the shuttle bus is free and they don't ask for lift tickets.

If you're arriving at lunchtime then you'll have plenty of time to get down to Morzine and back if you need to. IIRC there are two buses an hour (excluding lunchtime) and the last bus from Morzine to Ardent is around 16:30.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FlyingStantoni, ah, so the service hasn't improved in 20 years then. Oh well, so much for joined up tourist development...
ski holidays
under a new name, Would have thought 16:30 was late at Christmas as it will be dark by then!
snow report
Roy Hockley, am thinking of getting into Morzine or even Montriond of an evening for a refreshing ale...too, too far to walk
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy