Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mark Warner Chalethotel Aiguille Percée Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Anyone tried this Chalethotel, or Mark Warner.

I have been with Neilson, Crystal, Ski world and Ski Olympic before and thinking of going here in April with my wife and two daughters of 10 and 12.

Any veiws on the accomadation or Mark Warner welcome.

Regards
Nick
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went there about 4 years ago.

Fine - usual Mark Warner thing; mixture of families with kids (such as me and my family) and others. Staff were good, food good, location good. As with most standard UK Tour Operator Chalet Hotels the building was a little tired.

When going as a single family we now usually go with Esprit as the children have enjoyed the Esprit childcare more (singing and gunging) I also found that some of the Mark Warner guests without children had difficulty with those that did. But that just varies wek to week depending on who is there and how irritable they are / I am.

If you do go to Tignes le Lac with children just learning to ski it is worth knowing that the Snow Garden at le Lac is vey cold as it is n shadow for uch of theday early in the season- so wrap the up well- thermals, fartbags, balaclavas and don't forget the snacks.

Compared with Ski World- Mark Warner offers stupendous luxury
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks,
Have been to Tignes twice before without the family, did stay over in Val once for xmas when they where younger. Stayed with Ski-world last time and it wasn't pleasent.

Thought of getting a late cancellation through Espirit but would rather booked now to make sure it happens.

Any comments welcome.
Nick
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there last year with our kids and another family.

It was the typical Mark Warner experience:

location pretty good
food fine but not great
hotel a bit more tired than you feel it really should be for the price
staff excellent and overall package of childcare makes the holiday work really well

Overall we were happy.

My take on Mark Warner is that the proposition really makes sense if you are going to use the child care (our children were 6 and 4). Or perhaps if you wanted to ski with the hosted groups. If you are not then it is less good value for money - I think you can probably get better accommodation for the money.

We have been on three ski holidays and two summer holidays with MW and the staff have always been great. It is the staff that makes their model work so if you had a weak hotel manager you could be disappointed. That hasn't happened to us.

Cheers

J
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
extremenik, We have stayed there several times and we are going again at Xmas Very Happy It's fine and in a great location just off the main square in Le Lac. If you check out the Tignes.net webcam you can actually see the hotel. Just 2-3 minutes from the ski school meeting point. Pretty much as others have stated. Food has always been fine and plenty of it. Decent buffet breakfast (hot and cold) and an afternoon tea thats usually worth returnng for.
Mark Warner staff do seem much happier to be where they are than many other T/O's. Ski hosting everyday( or at least 5 days out of 6).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy