Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowboarding guide or instructor in Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Im off to LDA for the first time on boxing day and was looking for a guide or instructor for a few lessons, so I can get to know the place and get shown some off piste spots etc.

I am going with family who all ski and stick to the piste, so am looking to do something when they are on there morning lessons.

Would love to try La Grave would a LDA guide take people over there for a day? Is the Link open over new year to La Grave? How experienced do you have to be to snowboard the simplest route down to La Grave?

Any other info on LDA would be great. thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
slide away, I would suggest you send a PM to easiski who is a well respected instructor in LDA. She may well be able to help, or point you to the right resources for what you want.

Edit: easiski is a ski instructor but I'm sure she will have good contacts for your needs.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 7-12-09 22:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi slide away. I would contact the european ski school about a trip to la Grave www.europeanskischool.co.uk they run days trips and half day trips!! link depends on weather and snow conditions but european have a mini bus and do drive round when link closed if la grave is open!!!

European ski school would be a great choice for the family as well!!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
slide away, the link won't open until the end of January - if you want to board over there you'll have to drive round, pay for a day ticket and hire a guide over there. You don't have to be any kind of wintersports God to do the easiest routes there - I've skied one of the easier bits, would say that if you can deal with red runs you'd find it OK.

Mr L might be up for sharing a guide, and he has transport to get there - I'll get him to pm you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
slide away, the easiest way down La Grave is really very easy, however, it is off piste so you need to know what you're doing. As Lizzard says the link won't open until the end of Jan, maybe later: was mid Feb last year although that was because of the lifts on the glacier breaking in a rock fall.

easiski will take people over and show them round but you'd want to be in a group also not sure if she'd take a mixed group of skiers and boarders: send her a pm. You don't need a guide for LG as the majority is unglaciated, however, the real classic stuff is almost all off the glacier and would need a real mountain guide which if you're asking the question you will need. Fortunately in La Grave there is a snowboarding guide, think his name is Phillipe Andre or something like that.

It's well worth going over, it's another world.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replys so far folks. Had a look on the european ski school site but their off piste lessons are in the afternoon and i think my family will probably have lessons in the morn, not sure.

Lizzard, I would definately be interested in trying to organise something with Mr L, thats really kind of you thanks.

Swirly, I will google him see what comes up. Cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
look up a fella by the name of david graham on facebook, he's a scottish pro based out of L2A (which is why he's called scotty!) he might be interested in giving a few lessons. He took our group in the park over the summer. He's a siick rider!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cantridepete, Im not on face book and couldn't find david graham apart from some good vids of him.

Has anyone used Luca "Lungo" Baraldi @ Lungostyle he has a website but its glitchy?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was going to suggest sometime snowhead lungostyle. He looked liked the man when I saw him briefly in action. La Grave might be a bit rocky still at Xmas.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy