Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt advice required

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Out to Verbier on Saturday, looking like best skiing will be above 2000m so might need a change after a couple of days, so fancied a day trip to Zermatt. From what I can see arrive by train from Tisch and then onto the train up the mountain to Gornergrat looked easiest, is this a good side to ski, otherwise it looks a long walk through the town to the gondal up to Trockener. Any other suggestion for resort day trips ???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thunderer, You have several options. The train to Gornergrat is the obvious choice from the station, but the Sunnega Funicular is only a short walk from the station as well. Many people have posted here that the train up to Gornergrat is slow but the faster trains aren't too bad and it's a very scenic route up. The links across to Trockener and the Kleine Matterhorn area are much improved now. For a day trip any of the Sunnega, Gornergrat or Kleine Matterhorn areas would give you great scope.

My advice for a day would be to take the Gornergrat railway and ski that area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
geepee wrote:
My advice for a day would be to take the Gornergrat railway and ski that area.

I'll second that. The train actually gains vertical nearly as quickly as a high speed chairlift, so queuing and convenience are the most important factors. I'd ski the Sunnega and Gornergrat areas in the morning, and make my way up the gondola to Klein Matterhorn for the afternoon, possibly taking in a quick dash to Italy - but be careful not to miss the last lift back because it's not realistic to return by road if you get stuck on the Italian side. Wind up the day on the Trockener gondala (or ski underneath it if the run's open), and take the free bus back to the railway station after the lifts have closed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks.

At the moment I guess to get across to the Matterhorn side from Gornergrat you would need to down lift to get to the bottom of the Furi- Trockener lift ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thunderer, I'm guessing that you've got a car, it's a lot of changes if you do it by public transport from Verbier. You can have a lovely day's skiing starting of at Rothorn and then skiing clockwise round the domain with a dash into Italy included. The run down to Furi wasn't open when I was there a couple of weeks ago but things may change by the time you're there, down lift from Rifflelalp is no problem though. You can always get a taxi if you want to speed your transit around town. 12CHF, pricey, but if you've only got a day.... Zermatt's got the most open in the Valais at the moment, but it looks like there's some good skiing in the Val d'Annivers at the mo though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks, Thanks, got car, yes I looked at Zinal etc, but I am with my brother and his mate they snowboard and hate too many drag lifts
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's another good reason for heading to Zinal Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steve Sparks, yes but, I would have to listen to him whinging for the whole day. It was bad enough a couple of years ago when I took from one end of the 4 valles and back - he moaned to much pushing, to many tows, in the shade etc etc, in fact why am I going on holiday with him again ???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy