Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Romantic skiing in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys and Girls,

I need your help.

The only way I’m going to be allowed to go skiing this year is if I:

1, Take the wife with me.
2, Make it a romantic trip Embarassed

So does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find a log cabin in the Alps that has a fire place? Confused
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Buy this book - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_0_9?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=white+weekends&sprefix=white+wee&tag=amz07b-21 excellent reference book and there is a section dedicated to romantic getaways - he suggests Almdorf in Austria www.badkleinkirchheim.at as the no 1 spot in the Alps

Personally I would have thought the Dolomites would do the trick, but have never been to either

Good luck

PS Also came accross this hotel when looking into going to Gerlos with family http://www.grubachhof.at/ Looks pretty cheesy but nice big fireplaces in some rooms and is a Romantikhotel wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
is that take the wife with me OR make it a romantic trip??!!! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski,

Great shout the rooms look good but probaly a little too cheesy.

I going to check out that book as well.

barry,

Thats both unfortunatly Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the budget?

If you have money to burn then head for Alta Badia in the dolomites. San Cassiano/La Villa/Corvara has some of the best (michelin starred) restaurants in the Alps, is chocolate-box pretty and the skiing is easy. It's not cheap but if you want to turn someone on to skiing then this area will mesmerise them (and charm the pants off them).

However, she's your wife . Do you need to bother?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zermatt.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed here http://www.miquelhols.co.uk/lau/hotSil2.htm
last year. A lovely chalet in Lauterbrunnen near Wengen with a real log fire and a hot tub.

Non skiers can use the mountain trains to meet skiers for lunch. Great scenery and the famous James Bond Resturant Piz Gloria at Schilthorn
http://www.schilthorn.ch/

Could be romantic with the right room mate... Sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
AceMan14, thermal spa under the stars?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jzBun, Alta Badia looks like the sort of place my wife would like.. have been there recently? Where did you stay?
Thats a great question. Remind me again why I need to bother Confused Puzzled

WayneC, I'm goinig to check out your suggestion.

Helen Beaumont, thermal spa under the stars. Please... tell me more...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AceMan14, I stayed in Arraba but also skiied in Alta Badia and had lunch in one of the restauarants noted (can't remember the name but look online) regretted my choice as La Villa /San Cassiano was the business. Also danced in my boots, in Corvara, aided by two champagne cocktails. It does the job and causes vomitting. Be careful.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jzBun, Sound like a good ski trip. Thanks for the tips. Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski, They have somthing called the Love room in that hotel. Shocked very romantik
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AceMan14, spa village of Monetier-les-Bains in Serre Chevalier, see link in my signature for more details of the apartment (can't manage the log fire though). Thermal spa has a Roman theme, and can be seen at http://www.lesgrandsbains.fr/pages/actualites.php .
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Remind me again why I need to bother

AceMan14, it doesn't sound as though your heart is in this. If your wife reads snowheads, you're doomed.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you are a true romantic then buy her a landrover defender and snowchains you can drive there and sleep in the back Toofy Grin ,

...mind you i did once get my OH some kettle descaler for christmas, so maybe im not the best guide to romantic gestures.

slightly more seriously: I guess the more intimate apres ski facilities are going to be top of the list, a good spa and the ability to book extended 'therapies, treatments massages etc' (you can then sneak of for a few runs) then come back to a crackling log fire.
snow report
Forget the Alps and do the Icehotel in Swedish Lapland. Went last Feb for our wedding anniversary - it was just incredible:
http://www.icehotel.com/uk/ICEHOTEL/Art-design/ (click on the photos at the right hand side)

Skiing is 75 mins drive away so we had a night at the Icehotel then moved on to ski at the two separate areas of Riksgransen and Bjorkliden, which are quite close together. Pics below are the driving conditions (deserted, wilderness ice road with sightings of elk, reindeer and fox - and the hire car had studded tyres); the room we had at the Icehotel; and a skiing snap. A fantastic experience and highly recommended.

snow report
mountainaddict, excellent idea! deffinitely a winning suggestion!

One along simmilar lines would be the Finnish snow hotel at Lainio and could could be combined with the skiing at yllas (athouugh a bit futher away).

We did a family trip there in Feb this year and I have to agree with mountainaddict, that lapland is truely magical...and you might get lucky and see the lights too. Great XC too with hundreds of miles of pisted XC tracks kept in great order. Some of the nicest friendliest (and slightly crazy) people.

Just be aware that the standard rooms at the snowhotel are fairly plain so you need to book a sculpture room and one or two nights is more than plenty. (Oh and you will be far too warm!)

If you do sweeden or Finland you have to try the smoke saunas and the outside plunge pools cut into the lake ice......strangely invigorating.

http://www.yllas.fi/?deptid=28596
http://www.snowvillage.fi/
snow report
WayneC,

I second the Chalet Hotel Rosa. A nice setting, the missus got quite frisky there after a week's stay.

OP, if you're a tightwad, ski Miquel gets cheaper if you book a month before departure.
snow conditions
hemel can be very cosy at this time of year
latest report
Somewhere small and cosy in Austria like Seefeld. You also need to go at full moon, so that when you go night skiing you can ski the path down to the village by moonlight....... very romantic - been there, done that Very Happy
ski holidays
Cipria, Totally agree, have done Seefeld for many a romantic trip. We are also doing Lapland for the second time. Log cabin, blazing fires, own sauna, frozen lakes pure magic.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy