Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet pull out of East Midlands from 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got this in an email...

Important announcement
Earlier today easyJet announced our intention to stop all flying from East Midlands Airport from 6 January 2010. This decision is a result of commercial considerations and plans to redeploy our aircraft across our network.We will continue to operate as normal up until 5 January 2010.

Customers with bookings for the period 6 January 2010 onwards will be contacted in the next few days with three options:

1. A full refund.
2. A transfer at no additional cost to an alternative easyJet flight from another airport.
3. A transfer at no additional cost to an alternative flight with bmibaby from East Midlands Airport.

A link to Frequently Asked Questions is available here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That strikes me as remarkably short notice. It suggests that they were selling flights for 6 January on 6 December, and then deciding they wouldn't run them. A properly run airline would give a minimum 3 months notice of plans as significant as that, Shirley?

Sounds more like panicJet
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Abominable snowHead, on the booking page, it has clearly stated for some time that operations at East Midlands were under review and that flights would be rearranged. . They announced several months ago that they would be pulling out, but not the date they would be doing so.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Abominable snowHead, It was first announced (although without detail) in September

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1210945/easyJet-close-East-Midlands-base-cut-Luton-flights-20-cent.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alex_heney, I assume that the 90 day consultation period with staff is now complete.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The FAQ on the easyjet website also states that capacity will be reduced at London Luton airport by 20% by reducing the number of flights from Luton (whislt maintaining the same number of aircraft).

It mentions that flights to/from Geneva are included in that 20% reduction but it doesn;t give any more detail than that - no dates, specifics, etc.

From the website :-

"In addition, easyJet also confirmed today that it would reduce capacity at its base at London Luton Airport following the airport operator Abertis' and Luton Borough Council's failure to address rising airport costs, making the airport no longer competitive.

The airline has found a solution to achieve this reduction, whilst protecting its cabin crew and pilots from potential redundancy, by a combination of flying more flights on behalf of other airports and reducing the number of services from other bases to Luton. As a result the number of flights in and out of Luton will decrease by 20%.

This will mean that whilst the number of based aircraft will remain at 16, the passenger volumes at Luton will fall to 1.9m, down from 2.7m in 2007. This strategy also ensures that easyJet will protect its position at Luton, enabling the airline to grow once more if airport costs are brought back on track. This 20% reduction will mean the airline will cease to operate routes to Athens, Cagliari and Vienna from London Luton, as well as reduce frequencies on routes including Alicante, Dortmund, Edinburgh, Geneva, Glasgow, Nice and Paris."
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Phew! Very nearly booked to fly on the 9th - decided to drive instead.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some of the problems this season for EJ are of thier own creation. The flight times from the Midlands are very poor this year - late afternoon and evening flights only.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dwarf Vader, But if you want cheap ticket prices and lower costs, surely those are the times that Easyjet have negiotated to get the cheapest airport charges?

I thought this was how the budget airline industry works?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christopher, maybe, but the flight times had changed from previous years, when they were ideal. Despite being up north, due to the dates we wanted to fly, we have used East Mids to Geneva on a number of occasions. Flight at 1pm ish meant we could drive down in the morning, departure after lunch meant no early dash to the airport, and a return at aroud 5pm meant we could drive straight home again. No overnight hotels needed, and the parking was inexpensive.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, I get the impression it is incredibly fustrating getting flights from being t'up north.

However I thought Jet2 did flights from Leeds to Geneva at a reasonable rate?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a return flight booked for March with Easyjet from EMA to Geneva. I've just received the e-mail notice confirmation of the cancellation, and have opted for a transfer to the BMIBaby flight from EMA on the same dates. Hope it isn't full yet! They say I should get confirmation from BMIBaby in a few days.
If I weren't transferring to BMIBaby, the most convenient alternative Easyjet flight for me in terms of flight times would have been Liverpool to Geneva, but the Easyjet info only refers to them providing alternative flights from Birmingham, Manchester or Luton Puzzled Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher, not very cheap by the time you add on baggage , skis etc etc. and we sometimes want to go out there in times other than the ski season. That flight doesn't even run at the end of April for the EOSB. Newcastle has a flight to GVA with EJ, and also to Chambery (weekends only) with Jet2. East Midlands (and Ryanair to Turin from Stansted), always worked out more convenient than other non-Newcastle options.

I just checked my dates for March (out 18th March, return 5th April) -cost including skis and bags over £300 for two of us
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy