Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip report San Cassiano Italy.

Poster: A snowHead
Just arrived home after a week in Italy staying in San Cassiano with the lovely Mountain sun guys. I had been watching the snow disappearing on the webcams and thinking my early bargain had been a mistake. We had been last year and had had loads of snow and deserted pistes a repeat was perhaps optimistic.
A couple of weeks before departure an email arrived from easyjet informing us that our monday flight was cancelled so it was decided to fly out on the sunday instead and spend a night in venice. We arrived in Venice and the hunt for our hotel began over bridges then up and down alleys for what seemed like hours. Thankfully we had left our skis at the airport where we were being collected the following day. We eventually found the hotel then spent an enjoyable evening taking in the sights of Venice. Late in the evening I noticed "tables" being set up along the waters edge and some around St Mark's square and thought to myself they must be planning a market in the morning Embarassed
We woke the following day to find Venice had been flooded and my market stalls were in fact walk ways Laughing Our hotel reception was knee deep in stinky water as was the rest of venice. Not famed for traveling light we then pondered how we were going to wade back to the main canal to catch a ferry back to the airport with our 20kg suitcases! The Hotel sold us a pair of bright yellow plastic bag wader welly things which only english tourists with large suitcases wore. Laughing Needless to say Venice is bloody expensive, stinks and should only be visited with hand luggage!
We arrived in resort later that day to find the snow was arriving in a big way. The alta Badia area had been due to open but had been delayed due to the lack of snow so the staff kindly took us over to Kronplatz (about an hour away) for a couple of days to ski. The area was take your breath away beautiful and the snow fantastic. We had lots of fun!
Later in the week after loads of new snow the local area opened so we were able to ski from the chalet. We discovered some lovely runs over in Colfosco and as always enjoyed the Boe a lovely long red above corvara.
Some of the chalet staff had apparently done the traditional snow dance before we arrived so a big thankyou to them for looking after us so well and providing the lovely white stuff! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
billyh, glad to hear it turned out well in the end, nice report. Venice, surprisingly a place i'm not fussed on visiting Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
billyh, glad you had a good time, you've been lucky with early snow in the Dolomites for 2 years now. Venice is a difficult place to do on the cheap and the logistics need a lot of careful thought, but worth it, it's unique.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liam, I agree, have been quite a number of times and I too am not fussed on the place either!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am just sooo jealous. I was a chalet girl in San Cassiano for 4 winter seasons back in the 1990's. We used to have so much fun! So tempted to go back, but I know things move on - and then so must I. I am going to Spain in 2010 with my now grown up children! But myheart belongs in the Dolomites, and my body belongs to the Badia Pub in Pedraces!!!!! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roy Hockley, It's a place i'll have to visit as the G/F has been and really enjoyed it. I've only been to Livingo in Italy and think it's time another trip was on the cards, i could possibly do something along the lines off billyh trip, and visit somewhere else in the dolomites.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
srhmart,

I worked for ski Enterprise, Chalet Costas ,San Cassiano in the 90`s. Were you there by ay chance???
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
susieski wrote:
srhmart,

I worked for ski Enterprise, Chalet Costas ,San Cassiano in the 90`s. Were you there by ay chance???

I worked in Costas but it was for a company called Small World, and then Ski Whizz! I also worked in Villa Frania, just opporsite the lift, under the bridge and up the hill! Oh happy days! Ski Enterprise would have been after that! Don't suppose you remember a Tai girl called Orania do you?????
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
srhmart,

Ha, small world!
My friend Greg was the handy man for Ski Ent. and worked at Frania in the evenings so I used to go there often. It was a bit of a shack as I remember, sweet but falling down. Last time I visited I looked for it but I think it has been demolished.

I have some pics of my days there, I was in my 30`s at the time but it really was the most life changing time. My heart lies there also and since revisited about 12 times staying in various villages. The chair between the trees, Colfosco -Corvara is my fave place.
Orania was not in the chalet at the time, I was there in `94 (I think).
I still have visions of me falling off the bus, paralytic , changeover to do the next day, after a couple of champagne cocktails.....you know where. Worst hangover of my life!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good old Posta Zirm! I remember it well (or should I say I don't remember it well!!!).

I have a great picture of my and my ex on that lift between the trees at Colfosco-Corvar, very romantic, and very peaceful. Another favourite place in the mountians was Trappers Bar, on the way over to tea dancing on a Thursday, we always used to call off for a quicky to get us ready! It was also nice to end up there on a day skiing, because you joined the beautiful long blue back down to San Cas.

Sergio must has still played his guitar at the top of Piz la illa!

You are right Frania was demolished, but it has been rebuilt. I returned for my 40th birthday three years ago. If you go onto google world and look at San Cas you should see a photo. That is me and my friend Mandy who was my partner in crime, and the new Fraina behind.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OMG Trappers Bar. When taking my other half to Sella for his first time that was top of the list to show him.

We started to go to the States a few years ago but the last time I went I stayed in Selva. Do you remember the antiquated single chair (Selva) that has now been replaced by a quad I think.

Oh those were the days. Memories that will always stay with me; I think the most beautiful place to ski and a fave with SH by the looks of things.

I`ll have a look at the photo.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
billyh, Delighted to hear you had a good time - it's carried on snowing ever since so the traditional snow dance has worked well (always does!). Can't wait to get out there myself in 11 days time ... fab place to be at xmas. I did a couple of seasons in San Cass before having my little boy, and it's where my heart is! My boy has just gone 3 and will be making his ski debut this xmas ... he's been shuffling round the house on those plastic skis strapped to his slippers to practice!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My fav memory of San Cass is getting a bill for about 940,000 Lira in the pizzeria at the bottom of the slope home, and then ordering more drinks so as to make it over a millon!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
arlberg wrote:
My fav memory of San Cass is getting a bill for about 940,000 Lira in the pizzeria at the bottom of the slope home, and then ordering more drinks so as to make it over a millon!!

Last of the big spenders!

I miss all those zeros on the prices, made you feel like a millionaire!

The euro just makes you feel like a pauper! Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh yes, two weeks wages gone on one night!!! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:
billyh, Delighted to hear you had a good time - it's carried on snowing ever since so the traditional snow dance has worked well (always does!). Can't wait to get out there myself in 11 days time ... fab place to be at xmas. I did a couple of seasons in San Cass before having my little boy, and it's where my heart is! My boy has just gone 3 and will be making his ski debut this xmas ... he's been shuffling round the house on those plastic skis strapped to his slippers to practice!

Laughing I wish I had started skiing when I was 3! Very jealous that you will be there at christmas I bet its magical.
ski holidays
billyh, Yes, it really is. The best bit is always when father Christmas (having drank too much wine at dinner) comes sledging down the red with his sack of presents in the dark; the kids are beside themselves - especially if he crashes like last year. Laughing
latest report
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:
billyh, Yes, it really is. The best bit is always when father Christmas (having drank too much wine at dinner) comes sledging down the red with his sack of presents in the dark; the kids are beside themselves - especially if he crashes like last year. Laughing
Thats something I'd love to see. Brave santa! I presume his identity is a closely guarded secret? Have a fantastic holiday and wish the staff a merry christmas. Keep pondering whether we can manage a week in March as you know we're off to France in a few weeks but can't help wish it was San Cass.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy