Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best lunch \ coffee stops in Les Arcs resorts?

Poster: A snowHead
Any recommendations for the best lunch or coffee stops in the Les Arcs resorts? Most resorts have at least one must visit cafe. It may be VFM, quality food or even views that will get your vote.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't remember its name, but we found a place that did very nice galettes/crepes - they had someone cooking them on an outdoor stove by the door so the smell was enticing! It's facing the pistes, near to the Vallandry chairlift bottom station. There isn't that much of Vallandry, but it's easily accessed and probably worth a visit.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BMF_Skier, I have never been so little tempted to eat on the mountain as when I was staying where you are staying - it's got an excellent view and is incredibly easy to get back to, from anywhere on the Les Arcs side.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223 covers a number of the more popular mountain restaurants (amongst other drivel) but focusing more on lunch than coffee.

If you're talking in resort then I quite like

1600 - Restaurant 3 domains, just down from main lifts, good pizzas, nice coffee
1800 - Blue Bar, on the font de neige below the vagere - free wifi, and netbooks, but quite expensive for a coffee
1950 - Didn't eat/drink there other than the waffle shop which is great!
2000 - Chez Eux, opposite lanchettes, again good pizzas and decent coffee.
Vallandry - Bar Mont Blanc - if sunny the terrace round the back 'away from the piste' is a real sun trap. Decent Food, beer and coffee even if the service can be a bit surly.
Plan-Peisey - La Vache - bottom of the new Poney piste - great food, great coffee, service with a smile...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMF_Skier, La Ferme Villaroger. Do the 7km Aiguille Rouge run and then stop for lunch in a quaint old French farmhouse. Perfect but don't tell everyone.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, I expect we will return to the appartment quite a few times, but no doubt we'll have at least one lunch out. Sometimes there are gems or horrors in resorts and this will be our first time there.
bertie bassett, Thank you. I'll take a look at the thread again.

Over the next few weeks there will certainly be other requests for information on other subjects.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BMF_Skier, Probably La Poudreuses above Peisey should be a coffee stop only, the food has gone downhill over the years, and is the only eating stop towards the Vanoise express I would caution you against . bertie bassett, mentioned Belliou La Fumee, behind Au pre Gourmand at Pre St Espirit. Its great for a long slow white-out lunch, once you have navigated the river and the break neck stairs into the basement. This wonderful bad translation tells you most of what you need to know:
Quote:
Annie and Jean-Pierre Merie accueilleny guests in an ancient refuge bear hunt of King Emmanuel II of Italy, now turns to sheep pasture and then the restaurant "Belliou La Fumee", where one can enjoy meals in the huge fireplace...

Budget : 15-30 €
snowHead snowHead
Actually all the food is cooked on a massive 2m square open fire pit, sitting in it is optional!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Over the next few weeks there will certainly be other requests for information on other subjects.

snowHeads the answer to any question Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Butterfly wrote:
I can't remember its name, but we found a place that did very nice galettes/crepes

Probably Le Rilax. They do omlettes to die for and probably the best coffee in LA, The other (by Vallandry lift) is Maximas, not so good but 10% seasonaires discount .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The galettes in Le Rilax are excellent but I think the crepes in La Bolee in the centre of Arc 1950 are superb. As it's a Breton creperie I suggest washing them down with Kir Breton.... cassis and breton cider NehNeh

The Arpette on the 1800/1600 side is a big canteen but the staff are IMHO very efficient and friendly. In spring the restaurant at the bottom of the water jump the Altiport is a must late afternoon on a hot Friday. Only about 50% make it across the water!!!! It's brilliant entertainment even if the the restaurant only serves burgers and coffee in plastic cups Shocked

http://youtube.com/v/XYNZ2IPsXzs

http://youtube.com/v/5kSogke9DWk&feature=related

http://youtube.com/v/YoD7qK17WDs

The best crossing I ever saw was a guy who was naked except for his ski goggles and they were not on his head Razz
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mountain Haddock wrote:
bertie bassett, mentioned Belliou La Fumee, behind Au pre Gourmand at Pre St Espirit.

Where exactly is this place, do you mean down at the bottom of the 'pre saint' and 'comborciere' chairs? Thanks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BMF_Skier, If its fun & good value you want, try the Altiport restaurant, near the bottom of where the old Arpette lift was - lovely galettes & omlettes there, good views & if they have the pond open, its a great late afternoon entertainment, watching people skidown & then across the water....sometimes!!

Le Solan, by the Vanoise at Plan Peisey does a lovely pizza.

Blanche Muree, just off Reches, between 1800 & Vallandry - just below the top of the Charmatoger chair, is also good & has beautiful views from their terrace on a good day. Excellent hot chocolate Toofy Grin

For a treat, Le Chalet L'Arcelle, down in 1600 is lovely - as is Chalet de l'Arc in the 2000 bowl.

As someone mentioned, Poudreuse only for a coffee stop really, although the views from the terrace are lovely.

Looking forward to trying La Vache in Plan Peisey again - lets hope they've speeded up the service Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller, Yes - I'm sure you've been there but for others as you head down the flat run (cascades) from 2000 you get a slight up slope and then a steeper pitch, get skiers right here and then head slightly right at the bottom of the steeper pitch and with some speed you leave the car park on the left hand-side, when you run out of snow stop and there are 2 resto's next door to each other. The lunch I had in the sunshine with a bunch of Irish skiers on St. Paddy's day at Au Pre Gourmand was fantastic - although it sounds like other snowHead like the other place too...

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Ferme in Villaoger
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another recommendation for the Mont Blanc in Vallandry. Good place if your sick of the usual French cheese and garlic. Pre 10-30 you can get a full english brekkie, after that does good english pub grub (sausage and mash, steak ale pie etc, with real imported ingredients, none of your frankfurter nonsense here)
snow conditions
Mouth wrote:
La Ferme in Villaoger
Assuming you meant Villaroger I second that.
snow conditions
I get plenty of free meals/drinks in La Plagne when I take guests in to restaurants but not in Les Arcs. Does anyone know some nice restaurants in Arcs who will oblige a poor guide who needs free sustenance.?
ski holidays
gravystuffing, PM snowcrazy..he might be able to suggest a few...
snow report
Well just seen this thread so to add a few.

The Soliel on the way down the Black to villaroger is in my view much better value and quality of food than the Ferme at the bottom that tend to just through it at you.

The Au pre Gourmand at Pre St Espirit is great with a nice big fire on cold days. The Belliou La Fumee next to it in the old house is very nice BUT very expensive these days.

The Altiport does food as well if not busy very quick and great crepes plus free fun watching people fall into the waterslide in the spring.

gravystuffing, I agree the arpette is also really nice food and friendly.

I also agree Plan-Peisey - La Vache - bottom of the new Poney piste is good as well but they can be really slow getting the food served.

and the Mont Blanc in Vallandry is good if you like English food but it is a little pricey.

There are quite a few more but they are the best ones.

Oh and the snack bar in 1950, fast and not to expensive.

If you want any other up to date info go to our Les Arcs thread under Snow reports section. I try to keep that up current everyday.

Have a good trip.
ski holidays
Another vote for L'Arpette, for good food (not too expensive) service and ambience.
snow conditions
snowcrazy wrote:
The Soliel on the way down the Black to villaroger is in my view much better value and quality of food than the Ferme at the bottom that tend to just through it at you.

Stopped there in March this year for the first time and the Soleil while in a stunning location seemed very expensive, especially when compared to La Ferme. Anyway stopping on the Aguille Rouge ain't allowed Toofy Grin
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
Another vote for L'Arpette, for good food (not too expensive) service and ambience.

My favourite as well, you forgot to mention the view of Bourg St Maurice and all the way down the valley to La Plagne. In the summer they have a swimming pool at the end of the deck which is a fantastic way to cool down after a mornings mountain biking!
snow conditions
thefatcontroller, Yes, tucked in behind the bigger self srvice cafe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy