Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salopettes for Snowboarders

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For snowboarders who do a lot of kneeling and sitting down, and who wipe out in powder now and then, I've figured out that mountaineering salopettes are ideal - not the weedy things designed for skiers.

I've been using Paramo Aspira salopettes for the last couple of years and they're great.

They've got reinforced seat and knees (and ankle areas). In fact the only down-side I've noticed is that ones knees can get a tiny bit sweaty on warm days, but I'd rather that than the knee wear out. Temperature and ventilation throughout the rest of the salopette is comfortable in warm and cold weather, i.e. unnoticeable.

The bib pockets are suitable for small, flat and light items, but not the easiest of pockets to get to.

Feel free to recommend other braced trousers suitable for snowboarders.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy