Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires / Saint martin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

First post btw.

I am heading out to Saint martin de Belleville for New Year (below Val Thorens and Les Menuiers). It's a family thing but we fully intend to bail on them on a consistent basis. I was pushing for Meribel but they would have none of it.

This is my 4th season and I am a reasonable skiier (blue & red only so far)

Any suggestions on the best / favoured ski areas etc..?

Thanks,

Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mac22, Welcome to Snowheads..

Only been to 3v a couple of times myself, but there's bound to be some experts along in a bit to point you in the right direction - but based on what you're saying then I think you'll love it. Get a full 3v pass and blast around as much as you can. Jerusalem back towards St Martin de b is a fave run on here..
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Jerusalem back towards St Martin de b is a fave run on here..

Sconded - well worth a blast/

I stayed in St M a few years ago and its easy to get around entire 3V from there - couple of lifts up and you can easiy drop down into Meribel or Les Menuirs
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett wrote:
Mac22, Welcome to Snowheads..

Only been to 3v a couple of times myself, but there's bound to be some experts along in a bit to point you in the right direction - but based on what you're saying then I think you'll love it. Get a full 3v pass and blast around as much as you can. Jerusalem back towards St Martin de b is a fave run on here..

Thanks for the reply.

Last year I was recommended to try out a red run leading to Saint Martin but the day we planned to go visability was pretty dreadful (ended up in Le Pub - Meribel). Looking at the maps it may have been Jerusalem... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jerusalem is epic, one of my favourites in the 3 Valleys Very Happy

David Douillet in Les M is a cracker as well!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CarlT wrote:

What kind of difficulty are these 2.

Red's I'm fine with, black or "creative reds" I am yet to brave, Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote for Jerusalem, fantastic Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mac22, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
We nearly bought a place in St MdeB, I'm sure you will have a great holiday there its an excellent traditional village and also a base for the 3v Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mac22 wrote:
CarlT wrote:

What kind of difficulty are these 2.

Red's I'm fine with, black or "creative reds" I am yet to brave, Razz

Both reds.

Jerusalem is lovely, wide and rolling.

DD is steeper and narrow in places -
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the info guys... can't wait!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mac22 wrote:

My favourite warm up to the day was as follows.

Roc des 3 marches gondola (1st lift) out of Les M, small run to Allamandes chair - then the 3 Marches red from the top, nice and sweeping and groomed every night. Perfect start to the day - as it is empty!!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CarlT wrote:
Mac22 wrote:

My favourite warm up to the day was as follows.

Roc des 3 marches gondola (1st lift) out of Les M, small run to Allamandes chair - then the 3 Marches red from the top, nice and sweeping and groomed every night. Perfect start to the day - as it is empty!!!

I thought all runs were... (frightened to hit submit in fear of how wrong I may be..)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mac22, some are left to get mogulled - because, amazing as it might seem, some people just love moguls. wink I don't know the 3 Valleys well but where I ski, although most runs are groomed every night, if it's been snowing heavily then they might not have had time to groom them late on - they will concentrate on the main links, and those where the beginner ski school lessons will be. That's great - some nice new powder on a cruisy red run (without moguls!) is ideal for people like me who are not so clever in the really deep stuff.

There's heaps and heaps of choice round there - you'll have no problem (and personally I'd much prefer St Martin to Meribel).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good to know, makes sense Very Happy !

Had some good snow in Saint Martin already so hopefully its going to be a good one!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy