Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discounted Lift Passes!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know have any advice on getting discounted liift passes in Tignes / Espace Killy?

Group discount maybe?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you booked with a tour operator or discounter? Some T/Os appear to have negotiated discounted passes for certain "quieter" weeks.

You will get a bit of discount if you are Tignes Card holders. But if not the initial cost of the card will probably cancel out any saving. rolling eyes

Last season the Espace killy e-mailed us (Tignes Card holders) a discount voucher for about 45euros each. This was for frequent use of these rechargable cards in the previous season. No sign of a similar gesture this season yet Sad .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Let us know if you find anything, we're leaving next weekend and looking for the same.

The consensus seems to be two chances - Bob Hope and No Hope.

The Tignes pass does seem to offer discount if you go back - a friend had one from Val D'Isere a few years agoand has just recharged it for Espace Killy and got 5% discount, but they cost 10 Euros to get one so it doesn't benefit you the first time out.

I've tried negotiating with the TOs, but they don't seem to move at all on them - they're offering the same price as direct from the ticket office, tried a couple to see if someone would break the price fix, but no luck.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
1969jma, &Monium, . I have just rechecked the info on the Mark Warner site. It appears to be limited to "our guests" which i suppose is fair enough.

We were just going to recharge our cards online when i happened to check out the MW site looking for another weeks skiing. Spotted the lift pass offer which i'm pretty sure wasn't there when we made our original booking. Tignes pass offer very limited to just 4 weeks. Fortunately one of those weeks is the 20th of Dec.

Sorry can't offer you better news. 'Tis the price you have to pay sometimes for skiing in one of the worlds best combined areas. rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry, forgot to mention....if you or any of your party have any old passes from previous seasons. (Tignes or Val) Take them to the ticket office with you. Again you may get a bit chipped off the full price. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i've got my lift pass from the previous 3 years, i never thought of trying to get discount before and to be honest didnt know you could

i will take them with me!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1969jma, Wouldn't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase. We've had Tignes cards for a while now so haven't had to go and buy passes in resort.

You always had to go to the ticket office in Val Claret if you had a query or wanted to claim a discount. (same building as the Grande Motte funicular entrance). The place where you used to buy the original Tignes Card before everything went on line. Its a free bus ride if your staying in Le Lac or Lavachet. Maybe other Tignes regulars may be able to confirm this.

Good luck Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy