Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Internal european trains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I need some help from some european train experts! I have moved to amsterdam in the last week, but need to get to Tignes in a week or so. I have tried looking online and am gettig very confused. I thought amsterdam to paris to bourg st maurice would make the most sense... although there maybe cheaper options. I know Thalys do a amsterdam to bourg train, but it doesnt start till the 19th and I need to be in tignes 13th, maybe 14th if I can make it much cheaper.

Anyone got any ideas? All the different european train companys just confuse me!! Puzzled

The option is plane to geneva and then transfer to tignes, or even train to geneva and transfer, but that seems even more confusing.

Please help me someone Smile

Sorry I meant Morzine, so i guess geneva is the best option...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I generally like to use Deutsche Bahn's web site to plan European itineraries (www.bahn.de).

Here are three itineraries to consider for the 13th:
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?ld=212.145&seqnr=2&ident=gh.028364145.1260034775&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&OK#focus

(Sorry it does not display prices). You may need to visit a railway station or travel agent to get the price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Please clarify your question / repost - Morzine is a long way from Tignes.

European rail timetables:

http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just go to NS in Amsterdam Centraal & tell them where you want to go & time & they will price up the ticket & you can purchase on the spot.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charliwest, I'd have thought Amsterdam to Paris and then paris to Bourg (on the sleeper?) would probably make most sense too - have you tried looking that up (try http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ but use it in French if you can, as it seems to give better results then)?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
look at www.bahn,de
they have aconnection via paris and Lyon
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
charliwest wrote:
Internal european trains

That phrase is new to me. Could someone please give me an example of an external European train, as I'd like to catch one.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Abominable snowHead wrote:
charliwest wrote:
Internal european trains

That phrase is new to me. Could someone please give me an example of an external European train, as I'd like to catch one.

Haha, I meant trains that move between countrys but stay in europe... or something like that.

It is Morzine I'm going to not Tignes, I edited the post though didn't change it just added the detail at the end.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy