Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

driving salzburg to soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,we will be driving from salzburg airport to Soll on the 27th of Feb,which is the best way without going on toll roads.

Cheers Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you will find it hard to avoid the Austrian main moorway, which sort of links Innsbruck and Salzburg. You need to get the vignette for that. Otherwise, I am not aware of any tolls, but I have only been that way once.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Head for Lofer, then keep going.

B1, B21, B178. Pretty 'as the crow flies' (or the Austrian equivalant). It's single carriageway, but the way they drive, the traffic keeps going wink .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hire cars come with a motorway vignette for free. So there will be no charge for using them anyway.
The 'normal' route is to do the majority of motorway driving through germany - which is free anyhow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chrisdavis wrote:
Head for Lofer, then keep going.

B1, B21, B178. Pretty 'as the crow flies' (or the Austrian equivalant). It's single carriageway, but the way they drive, the traffic keeps going wink .

This route via Bad Reichenhall, Lofer and St Johann is shorter at 81km and takes 1h20 according to www.viamichelin.com it's pretty straightforward, climbs and winds a little over the Stein pass and I saw the lowest temp I've ever seen on a car thermometer (-18C) in the dark gorge that is Pass Strub late one evening driving back from Salzburg.

The A8/A93 Autobahn route through Germany and off at Kufstein is longer at 119km but is marginally quicker at 1h09.

Depending on traffic and weather, the motorway should win out, unless you want a scenic route.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the info, as always snowheads has been very helpfull Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
luigi,
I have fears of that route in the winter!... my car is rubbish though, personally I think it is great for the summer but dangerous in the winter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy