Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lovely Saisies webcam shot this morning

Poster: A snowHead
Looks stunning this morning snowHead

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2planks, nice one!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it does look lovely. Be even nicer if it wasn't quite possible that a fair bit of that pretty new snow was going to melt next week. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, good to see your positive thinking makes it onto all the snow report threads Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this is more like it Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ski-finder, well as I will be in Les Saisies in under a week I have an interest in keeping an eye on the weather. Do you disagree with my comment? I can assure you I am a positive thinker. But not a wishful one.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, do what
Bing would do... Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Beautiful. I have very fond memories of Les Saises from 1992
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnboy, happy birthday too! Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ski-finder, I have no time for people on snow report threads who either "accentuate the positive" nor moan about the snow prospects of snow in Keinschneewinkel in 6 weeks time. And I can't bear Bing Crosby, either. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, fair enough... as you have no time for it... then I shall be positive on your behalf!

I would like to think that in spite of the predicted warmer temperatures predicted for next week that there should still be snow up top for you to enjoy your first ski/slide of the season... after all it could be worse, you could be in rainy Northamptonshire! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ski-finder, thanks. My concern is really Christmas, when the family will be joining us - but that's too far off to call.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, as you say it's a long way of... even if things change between now and then, hopefully the snow gods will reward you and your family in time for Christmas! You must be right between the two sets of GFS data, it looks a little cooler further east... how cold does it need to be to run the snow guns?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, like you i am also keeping a keen eye on the weather in that area (i'm staying in NDDB during New year week) and from what i can see, the rain has already wrecked the good work. Sad
Not sure if you will have internet access whilst you are in Saisies ? if yes then i for one would be grateful for an update of where the best snow is in the area. Blush
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
windythered, why do you think it looks wrecked? Obviously I'm not there, but this looks pretty good to me for early December, and the cannons are on! This is from Boeter - Mt Bisanne webcam

I'd guess some south facing areas may look pretty green, but it's still 'only' the 8th December!

latest report
And temperatures seem set to drop quite significantly over next week... Wouldn't be too worried about New Year at this point. Very Happy
snow conditions
kitenski, can you post the link to that webcam ?
You guy's are right though, a lot can happen in 3 weeks snowHead
ski holidays
windythered, http://www.webcam-ski.com/interfaces/les_saisies/ then on the top RHS there is a drop down box to choose various locations
snow report
windythered, I really wouldn't worry at this point - it's a very long time, given the complete turmoil in the weather at the moment (have a look at the weather outlook thread).
And Les Saisies is looking a whole heap better than, say, Les Gets! I should have internet access, but am switching my French dialup to a (slow) broadband and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit of a glitch. Heading out at the weekend, and will certainly let you know about the snow if I can. But I can already tell you where the best snow is going to be - the top of NDdB!
snow conditions
Safe journey this weekend pam w,
ski holidays
Annie, thanks. snowHead Not much chance of having to dig out the snowchains, by the look of it.
ski holidays
pam w, Bah humbug Laughing
latest report
Ok, well we didn't need to snowchains on Sunday, but I was glad of two brand new snow tyres as there was a couple of inches of fresh snow which had not been ploughed, on the last few miles up here. Yesterday morning it was just bright sun - not a cloud in the sky - everything very pretty and white but not much snow about. We had a couple of hours on the slopes this morning - they've opened up more, but the resort as a whole won't be open till Saturday. And there's not much chance of it all being opened even then, but the snow cannns have been running in this cold weather and the piste bashers are out spreading it around and getting things ready. The new "Chamois" chairlift was open today, to my surprise, as none of the runs it serves (two blues, two reds and a black) have any snow cannons. But they're on the snowy side of Mont Bisanne. I have skied here for 7 seasons but never on such thin snow - one is much more aware of every little gully and mound of the topography, and the snow is pretty hard, but it was great to be out, and on such a stunningly beautiful morning. Mont Blanc was looking fantastic though after we got home at 2.30 the low cloud just climbed and climbed and we've been in the cloud all afternoon (at 1550m). There isn't any sign of more snow at the moment. A few centimetres, according to snow-forecast, but I'm not convinced.
ski holidays
looks like it is still snowing lightly out there...

latest report
Yes, it's been snowing off and on all day, and snowing quite steadily now. I'm off to Geneva at 0730 - the car is in the garage so if there's a huge dump overnight (though I'd be surprised) I can put chains on in comfort. This is one of the occasions when the snowfall has been hugely more than forecast by snow-forecast - everyone always complains that they over-forecast snow, but that's not true. They get it wrong in various directions! I'm not sure how much we've had - 5 or 6" probably. Better than the 1cm they forecast. snowHead
snow report
looks lovely out there today, how much snow did you end up getting Pam? Looks like more to come this week, 'warming' up with a rain/snow limit about 1500m at times, but dropping again around the 23rd....
latest report
looks like some deep drifts on the webcam.....

latest report
Quote:

how much snow did you end up getting Pam?

Hmm. Let me think. It snowed Saturday night, and Sunday night, and this evening. I suppose in those in those 3 falls we've had well over 30cms - this morning our neighbour who runs the restaurant and was out clearing snow of his terrace, said it was a good 20cms overnight. I'm not sure what those piles on the webcam was - don't look exactly like drifts, and I've not been up there in the last few days (too busy with the grandchildren). But they've got quite a lot open. It's warm now though - barely freezing at the moment, at 1550m.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How's it looking out there pam w, ? Looks like some new snow on the webcams??
latest report
looks like masses of new snow out there...
snow conditions
Yes, looking good on the webcams today. I'm allowing myself to watch the webcams obsessively now it's only 6 weeks to go...
snow report
A pile of new snow from early this morning till early afternoon - around a foot I'd say. Very wet stuff, but I guess it'll make a good base on the pistes for the colder drier snow which should be coming over the next few days - the local forecast is for snow followed by snow. Temperatures warmed up this afternoon - a couple over zero - but bright afternoon with no precipitation. The snow was only down to about 1400m I think - so the lower reaches of the Espace Diamant probably look rather sad.
latest report
looking much whiter even low down, is it more than cosmetic now Pam?
snow conditions
kitenski, There was 20cm on my car about an hour ago, that is at 1300m.
snow report
cheers rjs, looks like it's still coming down Smile t-21 days and counting.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy