Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School Ischgl - Children

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are planning a trip to Ischgl and want to place our 5 year old in ski school for a few days. Has anyone had children in the program? I am trying to figure out which group she should be placed...I am afraid that the Bambini or Nursery Program may not be enough for her...and the website does not mention an age for their "children's" program.

Also, does anyone know if the small kids group are on chair lifts or just the little moving belt?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redhead0209, Mmm. Didn't even know they had a little moving belt, I've never seen it and I've been many times. I've never taken a child there but they certainly use the chair lifts for very small children. I've helped more than a few on and off them in my time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redhead0209, Have not used the ski school in Ischgl as I've never been - although taking the family to Kappl down the road from Ischgl on 2nd Jan Very Happy Very Happy

If it's like the other Austrian ski schools I've used for our youngest (now 6), they will quickly suss out if they need moved up or down a group based on ability. If she has skied before then the likelihood is that she'll be taken out on the slopes pretty much straight away. If not she will probably remain in the kindergarten until the instructor is satisfied that she can control speed etc, then they will be taken onto slopes - I'm guessing for a 5 year old, day 2/3.

As an example - when we were in Oberlech and my youngtest aged 4, he was kept in the kindergarten all day. This was mainly down to a bit of a grumpy instructor as he could ski with us fine. He did get tired though pretty quickly as I don't think on reflection that he was strong enough. This year however when we were in Stuben (aged 5) he was out on the main slopes from day 3 onwards and we found a big difference in his strength in that year.

As Corky, says once they're out on the slopes they will be going on chairs etc and the lifties are all very good with the kids and make sure that an adult is on with them at all times as it is highly unlikely that the instructor will go on with her each time, if at all.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
THanks all.....yep, I am little worried about the chairlift situation, as she has never been on one. Not to mention, a tad on the shy side....I guess I will have to cut those strings eventually.

Thanks for the information!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Schools kids have to ride with an Adult.
They get priority on the lifts.
The lifties just lift/help them onto the nearside chair (one chair after the other) with other Adult skiers & they just remarkably just sit there for the ride up .

I wouldnt worry, this is Austria, they have had years of practice at it !!

I reckon the lifites in Holiday time lift/help at least 1000 kids a day onto lifts.

THe Kids SKi Schools are excellent in Austria & your have a lot of fun in Ischgl.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I am little worried about the chairlift situation, as she has never been on one

then to do it with an instructor and a group, and without you, is probably the absolutely ideal start for her - though I can sympathise with your concern. snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy