Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Views on Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book a short break for the 13-17th Dec and Morzine looks like possable due to being close to Geneva and i want to max my ski time.

Flight will be Sleazy jet sunday early morning Stansted to Geneva so looking for reccomendations on chalets and hire. Any other insites would be great.

Will the lifts be open, enough snow???

Cheers

Steven.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 3-12-09 1:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's a great spot for any length break - check this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55329&start=200 for latest snow news and updates on resort opening...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marskey, make sure some uplift will be open...

P.S. MoRzine is spelt with an "r"... snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.themountainlodgecompany.com/chaletles4vents.html

We stayed here last march - going back in Feb it was that good , they also do a collection svc from the airport Very Happy
They also have a hire company that will bring everything to you at the chalet.

shell
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pick your spot with care. It's quite a big town. We ended up miles from any lift at the top of a steep hill, and it marred our holiday somewhat.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
paulio, good point. Ideally you want to be near either the Super Morzine bubble or the Pleney bubble.

For hire, as mentioned elsewhere, the best equipment rental I've seen in the Alps is Francois Baud Sports just below the Pleney bubble.

I have few recommendations on chalets - don't know who's open, you could ping snowandtrek or try www.mountainhighs.co.uk. Hotels; the Igloo, Bergerie and Samoyede are all well located.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DallyPaul here also does bed and breakfast.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've been there for the last 2 years for long weekends. We stayed with Morzinelets.com and did everything through them (transfer/HB accomodation/lift pass & hire).
The good thing about Morzine is you can get up to Avoriaz is the Snow is scarce.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Think about actually staying up at Avoriaz anyway, for the best snow conditions Happy

transfers available 25 Euros at www.morzexpress.com

Cheers.

Andrew
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Morzine and Les Gets may not open fully till 19th - need to check
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Marskey,

Chaletfinder.co.uk and my own site, Kwinzi, will let you search for properties by proximity to lifts. There's probably others but I'm not aware of them.

Simon
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FlyingStantoni, ah yes of course he does, sorry Paul should have mentioned you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:

Ah, good point...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:

Decision will be made today - check the SA Gets web site.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SJF wrote:
Marskey,

and my own site, Kwinzi, will let you search for properties by proximity to lifts.

Sure but only in a small number of resorts - I mean you don't even have la ros let alone some lesser known places such as Zermatt, Kitzbuhl or St. Anton.

I guess as it's still in beta...
snow conditions
bertie bassett,

Marskey was/is thinking of going to Morzine and location within Morzine had become part of the discussion. I thought my post was relevant - still do.

You're right about Zermatt, Kitzbuhl and St Anton - despite the fantastic skiing, there is relatively few British run independent chalets/apts to let.

La Rosiere - yes, still in Beta...
snow report
I've recently booked a long weekend through [url]morzinelets.com[/url]. No idea what its like but looks ok from the pics. Supposedly 10 mins walk from super-morzine lift - long way in ski boots I know but good warm up exercise wink
snow report
halfhand, I've used them for the last two years and they are very good, although as you say it is a bit of a walk to the lifts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy