Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wax - for a season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First question, is snowboard wax expensive in the alps? Ive always waxed mine before i left and not bothered again through the week.

im heading out for the season, any advice welcome on what types to take and how much etc... cheers guys!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dry Boy, http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/ snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dry Boy, In the past I've found it a pain to do a hot wax while away so I've tended to rub on wax from a block when cold and scrape \ brush it in and this has worked out fine as a 'quick and dirty' solution over the course of a season. That said I'll have done them 'properly' before going out.

I got my wax from Jon's too, a general wide temperature wax that was a nice green colour Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dry Boy, as everyone says get some universal wax from Jon, it's good stuff. Do it whenever you can be bothered and feel the need.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anybody tried the wax impregnated baby wipes yet?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
on baby or board?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
or a board baby??
The poop just slides off
oops. gone too far?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use Parafin wax from the pharmacy or failing that candle wax.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dry Boy, Get someone to show you how to do it, it's not hard. Wax can be picked up in any of the shops in BSM for around 20 euro which will last a season. Get a couple of temperatures though as the was you'll want in April is different to the stuff for Dec and if you put them on wrong it's like have glue on the board..
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Guy who used to train me 25+ years ago does wax etc http://www.datawax.com/datawax/home.do
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i use datawax, one of the cheapest places i've managed to find it and the bloke that runs the place is really helpful. (just dont tell him you snowboard Wink)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cantridepete, He's a really good guy called Ed Pirie.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy