Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bad Ragaz/Pizol ski area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Am planning a weekend away with the family at the end of February and have booked cheap easyjet flights to Zurich. We are looking at Bad Ragaz largely due to the fact that it seems to have a reputation as a spa and thermal town which will give the wife something to do when she has had enough skiing and the rest of us haven't.
Has anyone been there and have any useful info esp on Hotels, transfers and the ski area. Any advice much appreciated. We arrive Zurich around 9pm on hte friday and fly out at the same time on the sunday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
philipb, never previously heard of it and it's a little telling that the website isn't even available in French or Italian - clearly one for the locals.

Probably enough skiing for a weekend. Could well be a little local's hidden gem. If you're lucky. Worth a weekend punt anyway, I'd think.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
philipb

We arrived at Zurich one very snowy early December day about 10 years ago and ended up in Bad Ragaz as the driving conditions were bad (heavy snow) and the resort was easily accessible without chains.

All I can remember is rolling around in the deepest (waist deep) powder I have ever seen, in virtually zero visibility Laughing. There was too much snow and too little of the area open to make any judgment of the ski area. We had good fun though!

We drove into the town and found accommodation at the first place we tried. I seem to recall that there were a few other options. Saw nothing of the town as we ate in the hotel because of the weather.....

Next day we went to Malbun in Leichtenstein. Would love to go back there too - as we spent the day on two lower slope runs as the mountain was virtually closed due to avalanche danger! Seem to think that Malbun wasn't too far from Bad Ragaz - so Leichtenstein may be a novel skiing possibility for you?.

Despite the very limited skiing that we did, we have fond memories of the trip - the snow was amazing - and we'd love to go back some time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
philipb, we went for an afternoon last January. I'm not a fan and prefer more crowded Flumserberg. See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=45552#1120352
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
How about trying Scuol-Tarasp in the lower Engadine Valley. This is a beautiful and formerly very isolated part of Switzerland that has been somewhat opened up by the 20 km long Vereina railway Tunnel. 3 hours by train from Zurich airport with connections at the Zurich main train station and Landquart. The ski area is surprisingly varied and your wife will enjoy the spa.

Lots of info here (download the "Engadine Scuol waiting to be discovered" brochure): http://www.scuol.ch/en/welcome.cfm
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at Flumsberg. Scuol sounds good but maybe a bit far from Zurich to be practical for a short weekend.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy