Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair flight offer - £5 each way

Poster: A snowHead
Ryanair have an offer of flights for £5 each way.

Booking Period: Tue 1 Dec 09 - Fri 4 Dec 09

Travel Period: Tue 15 Dec 09 - Sun 28 Feb 10

Applicable Days: Mon - Sun (subject to availability)
Flight must be purchased: Travel from 14 Dec 09
Blackout Period: Fri 12 Feb 10 - Mon 22 Feb 10 from/to Ireland/UK

Just done a quick check and you can fly from Liverpool to Grenoble for £10 return going out on 16th January rerturning on 23rd January. That assumes you are only taking hand luggage and pay with the visa electron card . The only addittional charges I can see are to pay for hold luggage, equipment and also credit card fees.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not Electron anymore, but Mastercard Prepay.

Ryanair changed the free payment card option so that Electron, which is being phased out, is no longer the free option. We all know why, just be careful when booking.

My brother is now coming to Norway with us next Sat for the princely sum of £20 (including the £5 each way charge for CC). We bought early and paid £45 each.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndrewBailey, electron until the end of December.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndrewBailey wrote:
Not Electron anymore, but Mastercard Prepay.

Ryanair changed the free payment card option so that Electron, which is being phased out, is no longer the free option. We all know why, just be careful when booking.

My brother is now coming to Norway with us next Sat for the princely sum of £20 (including the £5 each way charge for CC). We bought early and paid £45 each.

Not yet they haven't.

And if "we all know why", would you care to enlighten us?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ryanair has to have a "free" payment option, otherwise they have to, by law, include the payment charge in the advertised fares. Many people believe that they deliberately make the free option one that the vast majority of their customers will be unable to use because the card is particularly obscure. I couldn't possibly comment.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bogusman wrote:
Ryanair has to have a "free" payment option, otherwise they have to, by law, include the payment charge in the advertised fares. Many people believe that they deliberately make the free option one that the vast majority of their customers will be unable to use because the card is particularly obscure. I couldn't possibly comment.

We certainly do know all that.

But they have changed to a more readily available card just at the same time it has been announced that several providers are withdrawing Electron from next year.

So I wonder what the reason that "we all know" is for the change.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If Electron becomes unavailable in one or more of Ryanair's significant markets then the regulators will rule that it is not a real option. It was probably opportune anyway. Speaking from the experience of having had Ryanair as a customer in the past I imagine that there is a deal between them and one or more Mastercard issuers. If they can't get a fee out of you at one end they will get a cut at the other.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The only additional charges I can see are to pay for hold luggage, equipment...

So that's just the £80 Shocked Shocked for skis then.......
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alex_heney, why do you speak like a Templar?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
paulio, I haven't got a clue what you mean by that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
its working out at less than £20 for stanstead to grenoble

plus 30 for luggage and card fee, still a bargain
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thats bleedin' typical, took me ages to find an account with an electron card, bunch of **stards
Anyway i'm never using the thieving robdogs anymore, a.99p flight to get ny kids from Prestwick to Stanstead ended up costing £176 with all the charges..yes i'm still a little sore!!

Easy Jet all the way
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
100% accurate reading of my rather too cryptic comment by Bogusman.

I will be blunt next time. Like an inept skier heading down the hill with arms flailing into a lift queue.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wouldn't even consider Ryanair (or RobbingAir as my mate calls them). Why would you want to give money to a firm that hides most of it's charges. They charged my mother for the use of a wheelchair that she only needed because they insisted that she checked her walking stick in. They latter lost a legal case for doing this but are now talking about reintroducing the charge. They'll probably lose the case again but know full well, only half the affected passengers will ever claim the money back.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
agt wrote:
I wouldn't even consider Ryanair (or RobbingAir as my mate calls them). Why would you want to give money to a firm that hides most of it's charges.

Mostly we would want to because we're not stupid enough to be in the cutting off noses to spite faces business.
ski holidays
Its not only your Mother agt, it's the whole population. Somebody(sorry but probably someone who uses a wheel chair and feels disriminated against) complained about a wheel chair charge when they actually needed it, not when this bunch of stalinist dictators demanded, and made everyone pay it even though they were more than capable of walking the 30 miles to the destination they wanted to fly to.
Please don't get me wrong here, I am not in the slightest bit discriminating the diabled people who genuinly need this service, it is a vital aditional service to enable global travel for all that wish to enrich thier lives with all that foriegn travel can deliver.
BUT, I don not require a wheel chair so why do I have to pay for it?
I have no luggage, and i am checking in online(not costing Ryaniar a single penny) why do i have pay for checking in?
I have 3 people traveling in my party, all on one booking, why do i have to pay debit card fees of £5 for each person each way. When Ryanair only get charged 0.30p(ish) per transaction?
£14.70 profit thats why.

I'm done....
ski holidays
alex_heney, Ryanair are bring out their own prepay card, they have already done so in Ireland
ski holidays
radar wrote:
alex_heney, Ryanair are bring out their own prepay card, they have already done so in Ireland

So long as they don't start charging you to put money on it, that seems a good thing.
snow report
I think the prepay cards charge you 1 or 2 percent of what you put on
http://www.money.co.uk/prepaid-cards.htm
ski holidays
Never had any probs with Ryanair - You get what you pay for.
TJ just came back from Salzburg on Tuesday on his way to race in Canada. He had 3 ski rolls with 2 prs Downhill (215's), 2 prs Super G's (210's), 2 prs GS (191's), & 2 prs Slalom's (165's) - with 4 sets of bindings and 6 sets of poles. Also had a large kit bag with boots and all his race kit in plus a very large ruck sack with clothes in. Total weight 100kg plus his hand luggage. Ticket booked with 2 ski bags and 2 sports equipment bags plus 1 hold bag. total cost £130!! That's a bargain. Nothing lost or damaged flight exactly on time.
Use it as a bus service to the alps, don't expect 1st class.

He's flying back on new Years day with all the same kit for exactly the same price.

agt, They don't hide any charges at all. They show them at every step that you go to on the booking process. Just because they are not in the headline price does not mean they are hiding them. You just pay for what you use. TJ would be lost without them and paying a lot more for flights!!!
ski holidays
thank you for this thread

just took the plunge and booked flights to gernoble for mid jan (they are £10 now each way)

totalled at £140 return for me and the OH with all charges included

snowHead
latest report
tiffin, It varies a lot.

They all charge you in some way, but there are some which just have a one off up front charge, and then you can both put money on and use it free of charge. Most have some ways of putting money on for free. Fewer allow free usage, and some of the ones that do levy a monthly charge.

Which one is best for any individual will depend on the type of usage they make of it (which might not be only for Ryanair).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy