Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BUYING HELMET?

Poster: A snowHead
For the first time I'm thinking of buying a helmet

whats's a good one? Why?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lidl.

Because it's cheap Smile

Seriously, it is another thing like boots. It is more important to get one which fits you than almost anything else, since they all meet the same standards.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stick it on yer head. Shake said head as hard as you can. Try to get as little movement as poss without it being too uncomfortable.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Giro helmets are nice for the amount of venting and adjustment! we sell bucket loads of them! think the G9 is around £90 this year which has always been a best seller!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also: one that fits with your goggles and does not leave a 3cm gaper gap. This is an important point if you wish to 1. retain your dignity and 2. not have brainfreeze everytime you get on a lift.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got one this year over in Canada. Can't tell you the make but can tell you that it fits and that is the most important thing.
Make sure you get one that works with your goggles as Cunners, says brain freeze not good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a Red Mutiny 2 and I love it. Red is the brand not the colour. Someone told me that they're made by Burton, but I'm not 100%.

I now have a black one with the headphones built into the ear warmer bits. The Red helmets come with a little velro strip of material (I don't know if other helmets do too) that covers any gaps that your goggles might leave.

ps. don't try and spray them a different colour, as parts of it melt Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grimmy, Yep your right they are made by burton! The red helmets look really cool (more boarder look) and are super comfortable but if your a hot person there is a lack of ventage (this is coming from someone that has had a mutiny)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sweet Protection undoubtedly make the best helmets (if they fit you). The construction/materials of the shell exceed the test standards massively, and they're by far the sexiest helmets on the market. I've used the kayaking version of the Trooper (the Rocker) for a few years. It's ace, and now my ski lid needs replacing, I'm getting a Trooper.

It is a fair bit more expensive than most other helmets though. For me, it's worth it, 'cos I like my head the shape it is.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want a dirt cheap one (and as somebody said they all have to meet the same minimum standard) look out in Tescos. I picked one up last year for £3 something in an offer they had on. It is the largest childrens' size (the adult ones had either sold out or never been there) and at that price I figured it was worth a shot. I wore it at Cairngorm in March but it was a bit tight an uncomfortable after an hour or so so I'll be looking for a bigger one this year.
Can anybody beat that price though?!?!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
POC
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone actually know what the 'minimum standards' are, and how they're assesed?

In the kayaking world, they're fairly irrelevant - literally just whacking a helmet to see how well it stands up to it, must be strong enough to cope with a certian level of force. The tests don't take into account things like fit, if the helmet will move around on the head under impact etc, which could massively effect it's performance. I'ts just to difficult to really simulate all the possibly ways to sustain a head impact. There are some helmets that pass the tests that are frankly useless.

I imagine this could be true for ski helmets?* Anyone know anything about it?

*I do admit I really know nothing about it though...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Im not sure on the specific standards but I made sure that my HMR H2 made them following my purchase last year, wasn't cheap but came the next day (needed it asap), great fit, ultra comfy and wore it for the entire week and didn't feel it was there last year, so could definitely recommend!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
POC Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

POC

Puzzled
snow report
Hurtle, it's a make
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, oh right, thanks, I thought it was a meaningful acronym! Embarassed
latest report
Quote:

Does anyone actually know what the 'minimum standards' are, and how they're assesed

http://www.sweetprotection.com/#/snow/hardware/hardware_technology/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy