Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inghams

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello 1st post on here.

Just wondering whether anyone has experience of booking with Inghams with no under occupancy supplements on the booking confirmation and then when the invoice arrives finding that there is an extra £70pp being charged?

Has anyone experienced this and how was it resolved?

Your help would be greatfully received
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you sure there's no mention of it on the confirmation? What's in the confirmation - presumably it was sent by email? I've received a confirmation from Crystal and it looks the same, in terms of layout, as what was on the screen when I was booking.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The booking confirmation was an e-mail which listed all of the costing for the holiday, and also showed the amount we paid, which was the full balance of the holiday.

Next we received an invoice which shows the same costing once again but also the extra £70 pp. The invoice shows at the bottom that the outstanding balance is the sum of the £70's.

The person who booked the holiday is going to telephone Inghams to discuss this but I first I wanted to see if anyone else had been caught out in this way.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you had a booking confirmation which showed that you had paid the full balance of the holiday, than you have paid in full, and they can't legally charge you any more, except in certain very limited circumstances, which will not apply to under occupancy supplements.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In that case just let whoever booked the trip deal with Inghams for now. Any U/O charges would have been added before you paid, even if you only paid a deposit. I just ran a booking on the Inghams site, and the U/A fees are indicated before you enter the travellers' details. I think it would be very obvious when paying - I figure you'd get the choice of paying a deposit or the full balance, but not an intermediate figure, hence this could well be an error on Ingham's part. The same screen shows this message:
Quote:
The Provisional Total and Per Person Total are only a guide. Some supplements may not be included. A complete costing will be shown on the Payment screen.

Clicking on still shows the U/O fee, and it's displayed quite clearly, even on the payment screen.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used Inghams for the same chalet this season as last and I already knew there was an under-occupancy supplement which was clear at the time of booking anyway. When the written booking confirmation came through the post, the supplement was not listed. Whoo hooo! But then a corrrected version came through a couple of days later.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booked with inghams in August - underoccupancy supplements were clearly stated at the time of booking on the first invoice and subsequently on any invoices they sent after that.

They shouldn't be adding it now. Sounds like there has been a mistake somewhere.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Their website is now adding the u/o supplement in correctly.

However, their website also states that the contract is made at the time of booking.

Which for my basic understanding of contract law = offer acceptance and payment. (please correct me)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
safc2008ftm wrote:
Their website is now adding the u/o supplement in correctly.

However, their website also states that the contract is made at the time of booking.

Which for my basic understanding of contract law = offer acceptance and payment. (please correct me)

No correction needed. AFAIK, you are correct.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As an update to this post, we have received an e-mail that Inghams have decided to re-invoice us at the cost first agreed on the booking confirmation. We did not have to argue our case at all.

Hope this helps anyone else who may have booking problems or extra charges.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions on this thread.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy