Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Extreme Sledging

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The good news is that it has been snowing. Now for some more serious stuff. There have been a couple of deaths from sledging accidents in the French Alps over the last couple of days. I don't know about you but Ï've sledged on closed ski pistes but it can get you a fine if the police catch you.

The first incident was at Les Deux Alpes on the 16th. Two people were sledging on the Côte Brune.piste next to the Diable lift at 23h when they hit a tree. The result was the death of a young Gendarme and his friend badly injured. Last night a Danois was sledging on the orange pads that protect pylons etc on the piste. Apparently the group was "well sauced" and made a run of a piste at Val Claret at Tignes. It seems they made a second run and the unfortunate man hit a pylon (maybe the one where he had removed the protection?) head on. He was killed instantly. Sounds like one for the Darwin Awards but it is very serious never the less.

I was told by the piste patrol at La Plagne that a favourite thing for British Package Tourst guests is removing the fridge doors from their self catering appartments to use as sledges!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw some kids sledging (on real sledges) at the Mont Serein (Ventoux) resort a while back. steep slope, 6 foot high bank, then road - if you haven't stopped in time. Kid comes flying down, straight over the top as I was driving along... goes headfirst into the side of the vehicle in front of me - the "pompiers" (fire/ambulance service hybrid). Completely KO'd (but survived). Quickest accident response time I've ever seen.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy