Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

update from the North Pennines and Lake District

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last season the Lake District Ski Club’s tow on Raise ran on 39 days between Halloween and April offering some of the best skiing conditions in recent memory.

http://www.ldscsnowski.co.uk/page10.html

With all that activity and such a long season there has been quite a lot of maintenance this summer. Whilst the more mundane tasks involved painting the bull wheel, realigning the pylon wheels and changing some of the wheel sheaves, probably the most exciting day was the helicopter fuel lift ! Everything is now ready. The hangers are in place and the club is now waiting for the first skiable snows.

Across in the North Pennines the summer and autumn has been even busier. We’ve had lots of help from some great new volunteers travelling from as far away as Chester, York, Huddersfield, Dumfries and Galloway, as well as Cumbria, County Durham and North Yorkshire. They helped us moved the top fence (providing potential for a new alternative run from the summit), repaired fencing elsewhere and made improvements to the club hut. A massive thank you for all your efforts.

A surprisingly time consuming job has been the remodelling of the acceleration ramp in an effort to make it easier for boarders and novice skiers to use the fast Poma. Difficulties for some getting on the tow last year caused damage to the rope. The big news is that we have now replaced the rope. We would rather not have waited until the wettest November on record but unfortunately the rope was somewhat late arriving from France. Today we finished the job and tested the tow on what has probably been one of the very few dry days in the last three weeks. We even had a dusting of snow snowHead Dare we hope for a season half as good as last year?

To get you in the mood have a look at this fab video. It was taken in February and shows just how good it can occasionally get in the lowly Pennines. Thanks Gordie!

http://vids.eu.org/view-id-3134539.html

Does anyone have an update from Weardale, Harwood Common or Allenheads ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What a smile inspiring video snowHead .... I am determined to make a few days in the Pennines this season. I'll have a bunch of extra holiday in 2010 to take from my company's 'hard times salary swap for holiday purchase scheme'. Are you ready to go at short notice ? There was fresh snow on the hills around here this morning and I think the weather could throw up a few nice surprises in the next week or so. Smile

Good to see someone else is still using those black and gold Rossi power race boots. Mine are going strong after 7 or 8 years. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erm.................. Wow! Stunning video and to think its only a little over an hour from here Smile Got to get up there, comditions permitting, this winter Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what a great video, lovely snow, clear blue skies and not busy, what more could you ask for from this country, hopefully will get up there this season for the day, it looks brilliant!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Reality check......that was a particularly great day. The sun doesn't always shine at YM and nor does the snow always fall, but when the two do come together, it can be great.

Come along with a sense of humour and a low expectation and that way you won't be disapointed snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What a fantastic video - made me realise why I love living up North. Best pies,best beer and now and again the best snow conditions Toofy Grin - not to mention the epic mountain biking in the summer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy