Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs: bad queues at half term?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What is Les Arcs like for lift queues at high season?

I'm looking at staying in Arc 2000 for half term week.
Last time I as in Les Arcs, New Year 10 years ago, there were bad queues in many areas making them virtually no-go areas - very high up and low down on the La Plagne side (before the link between the two resorts), if I remember rightly.

What are the queues in peak weeks like now?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 27-11-09 17:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petem77, We have been to Les Arc at half term for the last two years and both times the queues were never really a problem. Obviously busier than other times but do not remember ever having to wait more than about 10mins at any lift. Obviously you have to be sensible about where you go and at what time of day. Previously we have been to PDS over half term and experienced some really horrendous queues.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agreed, we've been twice in the last four years at half term - no real issues.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in LP 3rd week of Feb last year. The Mio gondola had a 45 minute queue but every where else was no more than a couple of minutes.

We are likely to go back the same week this season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petem77, Most of the time now there are quite a few new lifts, the queues go down very quickly unless something breaks. But half term week is the busiest week of the whole season so you will have to expect some queues everywhere, you just need to be smart and avoid the bottlenecks. Have a good trip. There are plenty of snowHead out in resort that week.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just don't try and leave any of the main centres at Ski School start time in morning or after lunch.

With careful planning you can also miss the main lifts (the newer faster ones) and get to the same places with slower lifts - which are actually quicker Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm no expert on this but having stayed in the 3V, Flaine La Plagne & les Arcs at various peak weeks over the last few years all I can say is that Les Arc at half term was by far the busiest and involved the most queues. Mind you that was four years ago so things may have improved. We stayed in 1800.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One advantage of Les Arcs and La Plagne is that they are still very French resorts. The French are great as they all go and eat between 12-2 every day. Eat early or late but ski through lunchtime, the place is normally dead but shhhhh don't tell everyone wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy