Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada's skiers get STEALTH technology to help them win

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Canadian Alpine Ski Team member Jan Hudec wearing the Sensor for the Training of Elite Athletes (STEALTH).
Canada's alpine skiers are hoping that what was a closely guarded secret until this week will make them faster at the 2010 Winter Olympics. Known as STEALTH, or Sensor for the Training of Elite Athletes, the new technolgy is a Global Positioning System (GPS) unit that helps skiers find the fastest route down the mountain. And, it can also tell them which ski and wax combinations work the best....For more, see: http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5g_d6CuOqjpvcWMg2G8IrZouxGw_g
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think this will be popular with Snowheads & Epic Skiers in years to come.

I always thought that the 'fastest' way down the mountain was the fall line. Then I remembered the gates. Carry on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess that now with their super slippery ski suits, personalised skis and this new slide-by-wire GPS, the only excuse they'll have for not winning every medal on offer is "the other guy was better than me"... rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard_Sideways, these guys were "made for it". That's what I hear 50 times a day at the moment Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Knowing it's too late for any of their competitors to copy the technology before the Games open Feb. 12, Own The Podium and the Schulich School of Engineering at the University of Calgary lifted the veil Thursday.

I just love such "news". Yeah noone else knew anything about this till now... except that everyone else are using this at least since June, when I have been talking with guys from US and Italian teams, and they both were using this for all season already.
Next to that, I'm not really sure if this is really all that great. I doubt they have GPS units, accurate enough to tell if you are going 3cm too much to right or left. But I'm sure I will have more details about this pretty soon Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
primoz, heres a better article.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
5cm accuracy... pretty impressive, especially considering average accuracy I'm getting with my gsp receivers. I had no idea, you can actually get something this accurate. .Ro, thanks for this link, it's pretty interesting read... especially link below about Novatel stuff Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy