Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski school for kids in St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good ski school for children in St Anton?

I've looked at ski school arlberg but they only do 4 hour lessons and as it's my little sister I'm booking for I know if we try to get her to do one thing for 4 hours straight away she will hate it and just throw a tantrum.

Can anybody recommend any that do shorter lessons?

I don't want any replies that say just make her do 4h lessons, thank you Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anotherproblem, Think it's the Austrian way - 2 hours in morning and 2 in the afternoon. Have not used our kids in the St Anton ski school as we've either stayed in Oberlech or Stuben whilst there 'mit Familie'. There will absolutely nothing to stop you from taking her out of class at lunch - the instructors are fine with this and I've done it several times over the years with any of our kids. In fairness the cost of 6 days at 4 hours is about the same (and possibly cheaper) as 2.5 hours per day with ESF.

The only problem that you might encounter is that they will quite possibly have a different place that they stop for lunch every day, ie I don't think that they come back to the ski school meeting point - I have no personal experience of this but have read others comments before on this. This may not be the case if she is say 4 and just messing about the ski kindergarten area. Depending on her age she might be better getting a private instructor for one day - which you could top up at lunchtimes if required (you can normally get an hours private tuition during lunch breaks for a decent price).

If she grumbles about the 4 hour thing just take her down happy valley after 2.30/3 pm, then she'll soon shut up Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski, cheers, I thought as much but was unsure.

If it's a different place for lunch each day thats not so much of an issue as me or the old man can go and get her aslong as we know where and when.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is only one ski school in St Anton, you don't get any choice. I worked as an instructor there last season, fairly regularly we had kids picked up at lunch. No problem at all. With kids we usually used either the 'restaurant' in the main ski school building (near Galzig or Nasserein, depending which area you're staying in), or another one (I forget the name) also down the bottom between the bus stop, Anton bar and the Galzig. With older/more experienced/more adventurous/more rich and demanding kids we sometimes ate elsewhere.

Lots of nice instructors for kids though, and if she's little she'll love Hoppl the rabbit and the childrens tractor/train over the the 'more advanced kiddie playground/training area' at Nasserein.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
anotherproblem wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good ski school for children in St Anton?

I've looked at ski school arlberg but they only do 4 hour lessons and as it's my little sister I'm booking for I know if we try to get her to do one thing for 4 hours straight away she will hate it and just throw a tantrum.

Can anybody recommend any that do shorter lessons?

I don't want any replies that say just make her do 4h lessons, thank you Happy

Hi, are you sorted with your lesson or still haven't decided yet? Pls let me know and I might be able to help you out.
Dom
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
active therapy, thanks for the reply but we're all booked up for Nendaz now. Everytime we decide on a resort my Dad seems to find a good deal elsewhere and just book it. The stupid bald fool.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
anotherproblem wrote:
active therapy, thanks for the reply but we're all booked up for Nendaz now. Everytime we decide on a resort my Dad seems to find a good deal elsewhere and just book it. The stupid bald fool.

Ha ha, Dad is always right! Wink Where are you going now? Anyway, good luck! enjoy and have a good one!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're off to Nendaz. It's a pain going with him, none of my mates can afford to go so I still go with my Dad every year! I'm 23 for God's sake! If we do come to St Anton at some point I will remember to drop you a PM.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
active therapy, Dom. Sorry to hijack the thread. Are you an instructor in St Anton? Off there with the boys on 27th Feb for a week and wouldn't mind getting a morning with an instructor to sort out a couple of bad habits (skiing wise anyway)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boabski, Hiya, yes I am in St Anton and can ski with you on 27th or 28th so no worries will sort your technique out Wink Pls let me know if you would like to arrange it for you. dom
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
active therapy, best to email me at bob@bespokefinance.net and you can give me details of costs etc.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy