Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where in europe is open now/this weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
I give up on where I live, where else in europe can you do this sliding down a hill thing?
My options here are -
zermatt - full of training people and ski tests Sad
saas fee - the same
tignes - probably full of french, or training people, or ski tests.
solden - too far Sad

Anything else open? switzerland is basically screwed with the whole country on the glaciers Sad

Hilfe.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Espace Killy opens on Saturday and I'll be there. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
where's that? I'll google it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ischgl
Zugspitze
Hintertux
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, funny that, so will I Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Verbier
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ha but for a cheeky 1st weekend it'll cost me £130 from LPL on Friday (no Saturday flights) to GVA and back on Sunday with SleazyJet + a divorce Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny luv plums, based on the fact that you hate Snowboarders and don't like the French I reckon you're probably limited to Alta. If you can get past your pet hates Zinal is an option, as is Verbier and possibly Val Thorens if you're further West. You won't like the sign in the Gondola though.... "In Verbier we speak French"
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman and Charlatanefc, and me! and me! woohoo
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bobinch, zinal is closed isnt it? My sister in law lives there, she didnt say anything to me about it.

Swirly, good call, 2hrs 25 according to google. Only some lac des vaux open but that might be an option. Any good up there?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2Alpes on Saturday. However, it's forecast to dump snow on us all weekend and early next week, so you'd be coming a long way for a whiteout.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny luv plums, website says its open. I'd call them first though. Verbier had snow earlier this week and the Attelas webcam looks much better than it did last week. I went last Saturday and the pistes were fine so this Saturday should be really good. It says only Lac de Vaux open but it said that last weekend and the run down to Ruinettes was very skiable. I'll be there on Saturday. Where are you driving from?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schladming
Reiteralm
Obertauern

All limited but open....

Dachstein
Kaprun

All open...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Charlatanefc wrote:
so will I Wink

and me!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had three very nice days skiing on the Hintertux glacier last weekend. Fly to Munich or Salzburg and hire a car.
snow report
bobinch, wengen. to be honest I think I'll chance it in zermatt tomorrow and saturday rather than speaking french Wink
snow conditions
Apparently Grands Montets opening this weekend (albeit limitedly)
snow report
Jonny luv plums, save it, come over when I'm there (and Nendaz looks more German). Laughing
snow report
Hinterux currently has 62km of open pistes http://www.hintertuxergletscher.at/en/
snow conditions
David Murdoch, may I ask where you got that info? Compagnie du Mont Blanc website says there's not enough snow so it's not opening until 5th December?

Jonny luv plums, Wengen, any good?
snow conditions
Swirly, I start work monday so that's the end of my free time Sad sodding lack of snow has ruined my life.
ski holidays
bobinch, its alright, for a snowboarder it's a minority sport, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Nothing difficult here and shed loads of english who seem to love it and come back every year for at least 50 years straight.
snow conditions
Jonny luv plums, so what are you doing over there? Why not Verbier (or Zermatt if you really hate the French!)?
ski holidays
bobinch, its a beautifull old fashioned love story.
ski holidays
Jonny luv plums, fair play to you!
snow report
oh gawd they're here too Sad
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
2Alpes on Saturday. However, it's forecast to dump snow on us all weekend and early next week, so you'd be coming a long way for a whiteout.

Is that lift co. speak for a light dusting at altitude? Laughing

Saturday is forecast to be sunny with snow on Sunday then a shift to warm weather middle of next week and RAIN!@ Shocked. With les Deux Alpes open from 2600m (don't hope for much better before the 12th December in the French Alpes) it could be worth skiing Saturday for anyone motivated who doesn't have far to travel.
latest report
davidof wrote:
Lizzard wrote:

Is that lift co. speak for a light dusting at altitude? Laughing

Saturday is forecast to be sunny with snow on Sunday then a shift to warm weather middle of next week and RAIN!@ Shocked. With les Deux Alpes open from 2600m (don't hope for much better before the 12th December in the French Alpes) it could be worth skiing Saturday for anyone motivated who doesn't have far to travel.

Where's that forecast for David?

Chamonix Meteo is saying:

Quote:
EXTENDED OUTLOOK UNTIL WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 02 2009
Monday : changeable with fœhn wind, locally strong - dry in the morning - showers likely in the afternoon - heavy precipitation in Italy. Tuesday : colder - light snow. Wednesday : sunny and cold - becoming overcast from the west towards the evening.
Forecast reliability : fairly good until Sunday - poor thereafter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Deux-Alpes/6day/mid

Heavy snow as low down as Bourg d'Oisans on Sunday and Monday, as far as I can see.
latest report
Jonny luv plums wrote:
I give up on where I live, where else in europe can you do this sliding down a hill thing?
My options here are -
zermatt - full of training people and ski tests Sad
saas fee - the same
tignes - probably full of french, or training people, or ski tests.
solden - too far Sad

Anything else open? switzerland is basically screwed with the whole country on the glaciers Sad

Hilfe.

Here?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=55130&start=120 snowHead
latest report
With snow still falling and more forecast Cairngorm may open this weekend according to the head of ski patrol snowHead
snow report
kitenski wrote:
a shift to warm weather middle of next week and RAIN

Chamonix Meteo is saying:

Wednesday : sunny and cold - becoming overcast from the west towards the evening.[/quote]

That's the overcast from the west bit... it is a change to a s/w airflow bringing warmer weather and rain to quite high altitudes.
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
davidof, http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Deux-Alpes/6day/mid

Heavy snow as low down as Bourg d'Oisans on Sunday and Monday, as far as I can see.

Ah Snowforecast, well maybe. There is snow down to 1500m today in the Haute-Savoie but personally I don't see any major dumpage at lower altitudes but it is all a matter of hours. If the precipitation arrives during the night is will usually snow quite a bit lower than during the day. Things are slowly improving.

l'alpe d'Huez is skiable to resort level at the moment (1850m) but it is going to be thin start to the season in France, favour resorts with lots of slopes > 2000m.
latest report
It will be snowy up top in the west and south Alps.

Rainy below roughly 1500 - 2000m.
snow report
Cairngorm in Scotland is a definite possibility for this weekend
latest report
^ hangers were going on the tows this afternoon and pisting is underway right now Very Happy
snow report
roga, snowHead
ski holidays
Jonny luv plums, it is very sad to hear none of the resorts in your area have snow yet. I was planning on going there this weekend. Verbier opens so I will go there instead. Also some of Chamonix is opening this weekend I believe, but not sure which bit, to lazy to go online and check. The glacier at Les Diablerets is open as well as Zermatt and Saas Fee so a bit of a choice at least in Switzerland.

Anyone want to add to that list of places near them.
ski holidays
snowcrazy, ah well, some seasons you win, some you lose.
Zermatt opened up a lot more terrain today, I scrapped going today, on the early train tomorrow for some shreddage.
latest report
Jonny luv plums,
Quote:

I start work monday so that's the end of my free time

Sucks to be you wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy