Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brides les Bains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heh,
Heading to Meribel in early jan and staying in Brides. Wondering how viable it is to ski down to Brides, will there be enough snow cover and what level skiers would be able for it.

Also would anyone have an idea on the price of a taxi back down if we want to stay and enjoy the apres ski and skip the gondola.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skiing down to Brides is possible but only in Very good snow conditions with snow level at about 200-400m. I have never done it but know of friends that have. There is a little itinery just after le plantin which is pretty much a piste (however not groomed, or patrolled. You will be very lucky if you get to ski back during your stay.

RE Taxi moutiers to Meribel was 50 € about 4 years ago so probably 50-60 € to Brides now/

Enjoy

p.s there are quite va few bars in Brides, albeit they are not as crazy as meribel but cheaper than in resort.

Andy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I skied down to Brides Les Bains through the trees near Meribel Village at the start of February last year, the track is more like one you would use a mountain bike on and you have to stop and take your skis off to walk across two roads. I can't recommend it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
albinomountainbadger, That is because it IS a mountain bike track, used on the annual Saulire to brides bike race held in July each year.

Andy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 26-11-09 12:50; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes the switchbacks would be fantastic on a mountain bike but are awful on skis in low snow cover. I met some instructors who live there and say they ski down every night with headtorches but they seemed to get quite drunk first so maybe that's the trick!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would have thought that it was only skiable for at most 2 weeks of the year as the average snowline is about 1000-800m but I stand to be corrected.

More fun is the ski from le Praz to Bozel.

Andy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 26-11-09 12:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My mate tried MTBing it one summer and found himself flying over the 18th green just above Rond Point. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

they seemed to get quite drunk first so maybe that's the trick!

Laughing Laughing Laughing No doubt it helps them not worry too much about the lack of snow.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I understand the instructors just make do with whatever there is. It was one of them who took me down. It was the first time I'd skied through brambles and tree roots and the track was largely ice. My 183cm powder skis weren't ideal for the conditions or the switchbacks but it's all a learning experience and they survived right to the end before skimming a rock on the entrance to the gondola.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Last season it was possible to ski all the way back to Brides quite a few times but it's pretty unusual - nice run though. Would not recommend at night after a few drinks though!! You can at least ski back to Les Allues most of the time. One day, and if enough people ask the tourist office may decide to put late night shuttles from Meribel.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy