Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice, Help & Information Req'd Please on the Memmingen Region!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have always wanted to go skiing and on a spare of the moment impulse, I booked flights yesterday with Ryan Air to go to Memmingen Airport.
I am going for 5 days at the end of January.

Myself and my partner are total novices and have no real ski experience, so we are not looking for any high flying downhill slopes!

Before I start trawling the internet, I just wondered if anyone can give me a bit of information on what resort to stay in and means of transport etc....
I do not really want to hire a car myself, so are there any bus or train connections nearby?

Also as we are only going for 5 days, I did not want anywhere to far from the airport, that would involve a lot of extra travelling and cut into our holiday time.

Just a nice resort with some lively bars, good restaurants and a few snow/ski activities would be perfect.

Thanks!

Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DonnaR_32, I'm flying from Memmingem for the first time on the way back from Kappl this year. From what I can gather it is close to the Vorarlberg resorts/areas such as Bergenzerwald and Montafon - check out this website for some awesome videos of the regions http://www.vorarlbergvonoben.at/winter/DE/Arlberg . Unfortunately I have no experience of resorts in these areas but they do appear to get a great name. I usually go to the Arlberg resorts (St Anton/Lech etc). Lech would be a very nice place for you to learn to ski but will cost a fair bit of money so you'd probably be better trying elsewhere if novices. If you're loaded novices then crack on.
Good luck with your search. I'm sure someone with better knowledge of those areas will be along in a while
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not aware of any bus connections to ski resorts from there. But there's probably a bus to the train station. The only place I can think of that's linked directly from there is Oberstdorf in Germany. Never been there, so no idea what it's like or what ski classes etc. there are, but I get the impression that it's more of a town with access to skiing rather than a ski resort. http://www.bahn.de (click the English button) says about 1hr20 to there and about €13.30 each way.

For anything else, I think a car would be useful. For which, St.Anton, Lech, etc. would be the obvious choices.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thats great, thanks so much for your advice!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy